Sandra Lee...ugh

Decorating By momma28 Updated 27 Dec 2008 , 12:39pm by Mike1394

smitakasargod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smitakasargod Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 3:46am
post #31 of 180

Not to bash her or anything. I don't know the lady but boy she's a disaster. I am not much of a cook and I'm all for simplifying food. But...she's insulting even to me. Her cakes make me want to gag. icon_mad.gif As if the ready frosting is not bad enough. She slathers it on like there's no tomorrow. Someone please teach her that buttercream is not all that hard to master. I think she could've saved all that money she spent on cans of icing and just got a ready cake. It would taste better and surely look way better.

mw902 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mw902 Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 3:48am
post #32 of 180

OMG you guys, but the attention to details with the red CANNED SPRAY frosting made it all better..........JK of course! I can not believe she is allowed to put garbage like that on her show!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 3:58am
post #33 of 180

I cant' believe they can find some corporation to actually sponsor this show.

BrendaS104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrendaS104 Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 4:00am
post #34 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

.........With pie filling in the middle!!! ......

Now wait a MINUTE............ many of us use & recommend pie filling - canned pie filling! for filling of cake.

My favorite cake is filled with lemon pie filling. It takes away from the sicky sweet and gives it a nice twang. LOL

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 4:04am
post #35 of 180

I usually love Sandra Lee...but that cake was scary tapedshut.gif . What i don't get is..what was she trying to achieve by putting only a glob of frosting in the middle of one cake and not spread it out and then put a full layer of frosting on the next cake?? icon_confused.gif And her "stars"...they looked like yellow globs tapedshut.gif And what the heck was the purpose of the cupcake? icon_confused.gif

I know this is going to shock everyone...but I love canned vanilla frosting on my carrot cakes only because I hate cream cheese frosting. icon_redface.gif Of course when someone orders a carrot cake i use cream cheese frosting but i personally don't like it.

BrendaS104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrendaS104 Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 4:08am
post #36 of 180

Yeah I don't think she cares too much about how it looks when it's cut. God knows she doesn't care what it looks like period. icon_lol.gif

doughdough Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doughdough Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 4:12am
post #37 of 180

Silly me...I've wasted so much time doweling my tiered cakes, when all I need to do is place an UNLINED cardboard cake circle inbetween each layer!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I would have LOVED to see her try picking up and moving that thing...

Sandra: Alrighty here we g--OH NO my cake has collapsed in a heap! How on earth could have that happened?! I used my cake circles and everything!

She needs to stick to cooking and leave the cakes to the experts.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 4:15am
post #38 of 180

I don't think it's bad at all. It ain't like she was tryin' to sell it...only showin' how anyone could make something more festive for the holiday.

famousamous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
famousamous Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 4:25am
post #39 of 180

Hahaha! Thoes videos were like a bad SNL skit!

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 4:40am
post #40 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

I don't think it's bad at all. It ain't like she was tryin' to sell it...only showin' how anyone could make something more festive for the holiday.

I get what you're saying but, 2 years ago before I was making cakes, if I had seen that, I would have tried to make it. And it would have fallen over! I think if she is going to do some huge tiered cake, she needs to at least teach proper techniques. I get that it is a short show, but showing how to make something that WILL collapse is pretty crappy.

all4cake Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 4:48am
post #41 of 180

I don't think it would fall over or collapse...her layers didn't look much thicker than buttermilk pancakes after she was done 'leveling' them...the spice one looked healthy...the icing didn't look like store bought(I've never seen any that looked as marshmallowy as that anyway)....

someone try it...if it collapses contact Food Network and raise hell....lol

kbak37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbak37 Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 4:51am
post #42 of 180

someone try it...if it collapses contact Food Network and raise hell....lol[/quote]

I think we are all to OCD too have it collapse!

all4cake Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 4:51am
post #43 of 180

bad advice she did give when she said something about the cardboard circle going to be supporting all that cake OSLT.

all4cake Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 4:54am
post #44 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbak37

I think we are all to OCD too have it collapse![/quote]

I meant try it the way she is instructing.

hahahahahaha....I just imagined a thread..."I followed the directions and this is what I got" and everyone sharing their outcome cakes.

ATCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ATCakes Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 5:06am
post #45 of 180

If you serve the Kwanza cake with the cornuts do offer breath mints after? Those things smell like old gym socks when they are eaten!!

all4cake Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 5:10am
post #46 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCakes

If you serve the Kwanza cake with the cornuts do offer breath mints after? Those things smell like old gym socks when they are eaten!!

hahahahaha and I used to love those things! no wonder I had no dates in high school....

dmich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmich Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 5:16am
post #47 of 180

Fondantgrl, are you Sandra Lee in disguise? icon_wink.gif

summernoelle Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 5:16am
post #48 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

Quote:

I think we are all to OCD too have it collapse!

I meant try it the way she is instructing.

hahahahahaha....I just imagined a thread..."I followed the directions and this is what I got" and everyone sharing their outcome cakes.[/quote]

Ooooooooh, let's do it! If I wasn't slammed with orders, I would totally do it. What would be great is if someone assembled it, set a timer, and see how long it takes to fall.

all4cake Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 5:18am
post #49 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by fondantgrl

Well all you negative minded wenches, you're all jealous because she has her own show and you don't because none of you are good enough to have your own show on Food Network. Some of you are probably too fat or too old and ugly for TV.. icon_razz.gif BLAH BLAH BLAH !!!! Some people like her show, why can't respect that ? You don't like her, then don't watch her show. I hope you all get a coal in your stockings this year. thumbsdown.gif

The so called Chefs here at CC, if you are that great with cakes, how come you are not on TV ?? Huh ??? icon_razz.gifthumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gif

Please, refrain from name calling. Not everyone was negative.

fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 5:20am
post #50 of 180

No dmich, I am not.
I'm just trying to make sense out of all these criticism that have no foundation or sense. People can be civilized with their criticisms without sounding like barbarians and/or uncivlized people cave people, which is what I see here. icon_cool.gif constructive criticism would be better. Rather than talking like truck drivers or uneducated people.

all4cake Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 5:21am
post #51 of 180

I still say it wouldn't fall or collapse if our layers are as thin as her's were. Mine would look like kaka trying to ice it that way...I only knew of one other person who iced that way. SL actually did a good job of icing the cake...especially that way.

fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 5:22am
post #52 of 180

I was only referring to the NEGATIVE inputs. If you were not being negative, then it was not meant for you.

all4cake Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 5:26am
post #53 of 180
Quote:

No dmich, I am not.
I'm just trying to make sense out of all these criticism that has no foundation and sense. People can be civilized with their criticisms without sounding like barbarians and/or uncivlized people cave people, which is what I see here. icon_cool.gif

I've noticed quite a bit of ugliness going on on CC lately. Oh, my! Do you think someone has unleashed a chemical into the air and we're all being exposed to its' effects which happens to be the ugly side of people coming out???? hmmmmmm...we need an antidote(or an anecdote as long as it's lively)...FAST!

all4cake Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 5:29am
post #54 of 180

um...that may be an antidote!

summernoelle Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 5:29am
post #55 of 180

Ah, too late. I'll be cryin myself to sleep. icon_biggrin.gif

dmich Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 5:30am
post #56 of 180
Quote:

No dmich, I am not.
I'm just trying to make sense out of all these criticism that have no foundation or sense. People can be civilized with their criticisms without sounding like barbarians and/or uncivlized people cave people, which is what I see here. icon_cool.gif constructive criticism would be better. Rather than talking like truck drivers or uneducated people.

Okay fondantgrl, take a deep breath. It was meant as a joke (which is why I put the little wink icon beside my comment). I was simply trying to lighten things up after your diatribe.

kbak37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbak37 Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 5:41am
post #57 of 180

Ok.. IMHO ( not that any one cares!) is that if you have a show on food network or any other network for that matter and you not only make $$$$, but serve as an instructor or someone to inspire others to make a cake, at least make an effort to show a decent or minimal method to decorate it or stack it.

Imagine the occasional baker that watches her show, tries the cake and it collapses or God forbid gets laughed at. How destructive is that? And no need for everyone to get out of hand with sticks in orifices....its a little fun poking..something this world needs and something people have forgotten how to take...but that's a another thread... thumbs_up.gif

roxxxy_luvs_duff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 5:42am
post #58 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

Oh, fondantgirl, dont be such a kill joy. Get that stick out of your butt!

icon_lol.gif

dmich Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 5:46am
post #59 of 180

Well said, kbak37.

all4cake Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 5:48am
post #60 of 180
Quote:

Ok.. IMHO ( not that any one cares!) is that if you have a show on food network or any other network for that matter and you not only make $$$$, but serve as an instructor or someone to inspire others to make a cake, at least make an effort to show a decent or minimal method to decorate it or stack it.

Imagine the occasional baker that watches her show, tries the cake and it collapses or God forbid gets laughed at. How destructive is that? And no need for everyone to get out of hand with sticks in orifices....its a little fun poking..something this world needs and something people have forgotten how to take...but that's a another thread... thumbs_up.gif

I think the fun poking got a little misdirected now doody wands are waving about. I tell you...it's gotta be in the air! hahahahahahahahahahaha whatever it is is making me deliriously silly...'cause I'm having second thoughts on that possibly being an antidote....it'd make me gasp for air and inhale more of the tainted oxygen.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%