"big Sister" Baby Shower Cake Ideas?

Decorating By banananutmuffin Updated 11 Dec 2008 , 6:01am by bizatchgirl

banananutmuffin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banananutmuffin Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 8:12pm
post #1 of 4

I want to make a cake for the soon-to-be big sister (age 2) at a baby shower so she feels special, too. Any ideas? I'm not the most talented decorator, so something basic would be great... maybe simple fondant figures? Photos to illustrate would be even better... since I am pretty non-creative. Thanks!!

3 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 8:31pm
post #2 of 4

what are her favourite things? im thinking some kind of image/ figure, of her and her favourite animal or tv characters. maybe you could do an individual especially for her cake, not big enough to share!
xx

dmich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmich Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 5:31am
post #3 of 4

How about a cupcake bouquet, using her favorite colors?

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 6:01am
post #4 of 4

You are so thoughtful to have that idea!! It's sometimes hard for little ones to get used to the idea of sharing their parents, if they've been the only child. It helps to make every experience about the new baby a positive one and this is a great way to do it.

I'm going to have to steal your idea when my sis-in-law has her first shower. Her 3 1/2 year old step daughter had to learn to share daddy with Maia, and will now have to share them with the new baby!

My suggestion is a small satellite cake or cupcake keeping with the theme of the shower but with something personal to the big sis too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%