Circus Train, Would Like Pricing Suggestion

Decorating By shanasweets Updated 3 Dec 2008 , 8:10pm by tdybear1978

shanasweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanasweets Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 1:54am
post #1 of 3

This is the cake I did this past weekend. Spent many hours on the firgures for this. I really need to quicker at those things. For the train I made a WASC 12 x 18 and cut into 4 x6 pieces. Used all but one section. Then a 6 in round for the clown. I really did not charge enough for this and am curious what others would charge. It is all buttercream except for fondant figures and extras. Was filled with buttercream also. It has a fondant clownis aprox 6 in tall, dog. Has 2 monkeys in the cage, and elephant, zebra, giraffe, balloons, number all fondant.
LL

2 replies
shanasweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanasweets Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 7:15pm
post #2 of 3

Ok, nobody has any ideas for me on how to charge. My grandmother says I should have charged a 100.00 and someone else told be 150. But I also got recommended 56.00. I know I started out with alot of cake but it just did not seem that much when I cut it up. If I use party serving sizes 2 x 1 1/2, I had 2 cakes 2 layers each 4x6=16 servings 1 6in round 1 layer= 3, 1 4x 6 1 layer=4, and train engine was mostly 2 layer part more, part less so we will just say= 8 for a total of 31 servings. Is this calculated right? That is not taking into account any of the fondant work. need some help please.

tdybear1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdybear1978 Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 8:10pm
post #3 of 3

I would probably charge something like $2.00 per serving (mainly because it is a carved cake) and then I generally charge at least $10.00 for and figures that are sculpted. So probably something like $62.00 for the cake itself and then from looking at the picture it looks like there are about 5 figures so at least another $50.00 for those. Hope that helps icon_smile.gif and hope everything is well

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%