How Do I Make Popcorn?

Decorating By alvarezmom Updated 3 Dec 2008 , 5:20pm by alvarezmom

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 8:49pm
post #1 of 7

My daughter is having a b-day in two weeks. She wants High School Musical cake. I have already found some GREAT ideas from fellower ccer's. I have ONE question...how do you make the popcorn? Do you use fondant and just shape it?

6 replies
cakedivamommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedivamommy Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 8:57pm
post #2 of 7

When I have had to make popcorn in the past I took mini marshmallows and ripped the tops of them to make them look like popcorn. Have fun and good luck!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 9:01pm
post #3 of 7

I've seen it done with royal icing piped into large and small "kernels", then painted on the bottoms to look like the yellow part. The marshmallows are a good idea, though. Less piping!

Tinaweena197 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tinaweena197 Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 9:03pm
post #4 of 7

Take mini marshmellows, snip a small "x" in the top and paint a little bit of watery yellow colouring on the inside of the x!

Voila...popcorn!

SpringFlour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpringFlour Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 9:10pm
post #5 of 7

I used mini marshmallows and cut (with scissors) one end in a X shape. Then squeezed the opposite end to "open" up the "kernel." I spread out all the kernels and used the canned spray color to make it look buttery.
LL

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 9:19pm
post #6 of 7

I do mine with fondant, just like you said; scrunch it up and color it with petal dusts.. here is a picture: http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1193974.html

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 5:20pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks...I didnt think to use mini's for this!

I so love the cake Laura

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%