Does Anyone Have This Cookie Pan?

Baking By mawagner Updated 6 Apr 2009 , 8:30pm by cindy58

mawagner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mawagner Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 6:45pm
post #1 of 12

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000VLYZ4/?tag=cakecentral-20

My DH gave me this pan a couple of years ago and I have never used it. I was just curious if anyone else has used it and what your thoughts are about the pan. Do you love it, hate it, indifferent? I'd love to hear what you think! TIA

11 replies
bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 6:59pm
post #2 of 12

I almost bought this same one this week. I hope someone answers you so I know if it's worth it!

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 11:50pm
post #3 of 12

I have that pan! I have never used it- it is on display with several other cookie pans and stonewear molds. I guess I should get it out and try it.
Linda

mawagner Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 12:58pm
post #4 of 12

I ended up trying it out and while it is cute, the detail (as I knew would happen) was completely lost. They ended up looking kind of like big blobs. I know that I could decorate them, but then I would rather just make regular flat gingerbread cookies and decorate those. Another issue I had was that some of the cookies were smaller than others, so they baked faster making them overdone. So...while it is a cute pan I probably won't use it again.

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 12:43am
post #5 of 12

Thank you so much! The details getting lost is exactly what I was wondering about.

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 12:52am
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawagner

I ended up trying it out and while it is cute, the detail (as I knew would happen) was completely lost. They ended up looking kind of like big blobs. I know that I could decorate them, but then I would rather just make regular flat gingerbread cookies and decorate those. Another issue I had was that some of the cookies were smaller than others, so they baked faster making them overdone. So...while it is a cute pan I probably won't use it again.

I was given this pan a year ago and i haven't the slightest idea what to do with it. How did you use yours..did you press the cookies into the pan??

kalamagal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kalamagal Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 12:57am
post #7 of 12

Have it, used it, also didn't like it. Good for chocolate though.

irisinbloom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irisinbloom Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 1:14am
post #8 of 12

I was at Micheals this past weekend and they had iticon_smile.gif

bettinashoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bettinashoe Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 1:18am
post #9 of 12

I wish you had posted this before last weekend when I bought the pan. I used it for sugar cookies and hated the way they turned out. As others have stated, you lose the design and the cookies get much too thick. I won't use it again for cookies...well maybe I won't. I may experiment a little and see if I can get them to work as I really think the designs are cute. Chocolate is a good idea--thanks.

mawagner Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 1:04pm
post #10 of 12

I was given this pan a year ago and i haven't the slightest idea what to do with it. How did you use yours..did you press the cookies into the pan??[/quote]

Yes, I rolled some cookie dough into a ball and then pressed it into the molds. I leveled them off with a knife so that they would be completely flat. The directions that came with the pan were not very clear, but this way seemed to work. I will definitely use it for chocolates but not cookies again!

tex8798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tex8798 Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 3:55pm
post #11 of 12

my husband purchased the halloween theme one for me this year and I haven't use mine either.

cindy58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy58 Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 8:30pm
post #12 of 12

I have a few of these pans -- Christmas, Valentines and Easter. They make great shortbread. A single recipe will fill the pan once -- I just divide the dough into 12 and press it into the pan with fingers after I've sprayed it lightly with Pam. I prick the back of the cookies with a fork. The cookie cavity doesn't need to be filled to the top -- they do expand a bit. I think it only takes about 15 min. or less to bake -- let the edges get just barely golden. Cool in the pan 10 minutes and then tip out.

http://shortbreadpan.com/classic-shortbread-recipe.html

You can also add 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips to the dough -- that's good.

The Gingerbread recipe that comes with the Wilton pan is tasty also. I have dipped the back of the cookie into a Toba like glace for flavor -- then the design still shows on the front.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%