Help! Cream Cheese Icing Sat Out Since Monday Night

Decorating By dsimkovic Updated 27 Nov 2008 , 2:29pm by SILVERCAT

dsimkovic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsimkovic Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 1:45pm
post #1 of 5

I can't believe I did it, but my cream cheese icing has been sitting on the counter since Monday night and now I need to decorate my cake for 1:00 this afternoon. (today, of course, being Thanksgiving Thursday)

It smells ok, tastes ok, it separated a little at the bottom but I mixed it back together. Think it's ok to use??

4 replies
michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 1:50pm
post #2 of 5

I wouldn't risk it, personally, but maybe someone else on here can tell you for sure if it will be okay. Four days is kind of a long time to sit out.

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 2:00pm
post #3 of 5

I wouldn't risk it either! DO you have time to send hubby to run to the store and get more cream cheese and make a new batch?

dsimkovic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsimkovic Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 2:04pm
post #4 of 5

**groan** I guess I'll go get the stuff to make more. If I don't I'm going to be worried about it all day, too.

(hubby can't go. he had too much fun with his brother last night and he's upstairs trying to recuperate before we head off to Thanksgiving dinner! lol) MEN! lol

It's ok, it keeps him out of my hair while I'm decorating. He has a bad habit of standing over me and telling me what to do...as if he's a decorator, too. LOL

Ok, I'm going to the store in my sweats before they close! Thanks for the input! (I'll post pics later)

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 2:29pm
post #5 of 5

Good Luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%