Help With Cc

Baking By riSHEL Updated 2 Dec 2008 , 12:41am by bizatchgirl

riSHEL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
riSHEL Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 6:29pm
post #1 of 18

sigh. I had a MAJOR edible image disaster and would like everyones advice on how to do it right. I have tried several times to post my problem and picture of my cookie disaster, but it won't post. Am I doing something wrong or are others having difficulties with CC since their last site maintenance?

17 replies
shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 6:40pm
post #2 of 18

I'm having problems for maybe a week and a half. Not just you. I've got the shakes, suffering from withdrawal icon_wink.gif

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 6:44pm
post #3 of 18

Hi RisSHEL - I have been trying in vain to post pics, but it is not working. I would suggest you post again in the forum a title along the lines of "Need help with edible image disaster" and attach your pics with your posting. Someone will know how to help and the title will catch their attention as to what the issue is.

Good luck! Unfortunately I have not delved into the world of edible images yet, so I am of little help. icon_sad.gif

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 6:58pm
post #4 of 18

ive tried posting too. with no luck. im sure it will be fixed soon.
you are brave to attempt edigle images. i hope once you can post you can get the advice/help you need.!
good luck.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 6:59pm
post #5 of 18

Hey riSHEL, site maintenance really throws a monkey wrench into it, doesn't it?? Have faith, it'll be over soon!! icon_lol.gif

I do a lot of work with EI's, what seems to be the trouble? Maybe I can help a little.

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 2:48am
post #6 of 18

Whoo hoo! We can post again! (hopefully I didn't just jinx this!)

ElectricCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElectricCook Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 3:20am
post #7 of 18

I also had problems posting. I just posted a picture about 15 mins ago. I had to use www.picnik.com to resize my picture to 800 x 800 or less. I got a message when I tried to post that it had to be that size or less.

I got the idea to use picnik from some of the postings on this site. It is great, free and it lets you put your name on your photo. They have a lot of fun things you can do to your pictures.

HTH

riSHEL Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 7:19am
post #8 of 18

Okay.... here is what my disaster looked like. What did I do wrong to make them warp so badly?? icon_cry.gif
LL

Joanne914 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne914 Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 2:01pm
post #9 of 18

I saw your pic and I'm trying to figure out exactly how you made these EI cookies. Is the EI on TOP of fondant?? I'm only asking because I print my edible images directly onto a frosting sheet (not rice paper) and yours looks a lot thicker than mine...kind of looks like fondant, which is why I asked. If you can tell us exactly what your process was, then maybe we can offer some solutions.

riSHEL Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 4:19pm
post #10 of 18

yes, I used fondant. And the image was on rice paper. I put a light coating of water on the back of the EI and placed it on the fondant. By the way it lifted, it would seem I used a lot of water, but I didn't. I dipped the brush in water, wiped it on a towel first, then applied to the fondant. Should I use EI on frosting paper?

Joanne914 Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 6:49pm
post #11 of 18

I'm not going to be of much help with the rice paper since I've never used it. I use frosting sheets that I purchase from kopykat, and I've never had a problem with them. The frosting sheet comes on a paper "backing" and you feed the whole sheet through your printer exactly like a piece of paper. The image prints directly onto the frosting sheet, then you cut out your images and peel it away from the backing. I usually flood the top of the cookie with RI, let it dry, then stick the EI to the RI with a few dabs of clear corn syrup.
I've never had a problem doing it this way. I have some photos of Political Cookies (done for the Election in Nov.) that I did this way if you want to take a look. Best of Luck.

Joanne914 Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 6:50pm
post #12 of 18

Sorry.....EI frosting sheets are from KOPYKAKE!! (I wrote it wrong in previous post)

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 2:39am
post #13 of 18

I would guess that the rice paper is the problem. I highly suggest www.icingimages.com for excellent EI supplies and awesome customer service. I only use the icing sheets, you just get so much better results! Rice paper is great for some projects, but I don't think this type of thing is the best. When I do EI's I let the icing set up, then use a fine mist bottle and hold it like 2 feet over top of the cake (or whatever) and give a light mist, let it float down gently, so that it's just tacky, then apply the image. I have had great success with this method without warping, water marks, etc.

And yah, it's been rough not being able to post! Can you say 'withdrawals'? icon_lol.gificon_cry.gif

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 8:15am
post #14 of 18

Try turning your cookies over and letting them dry for a while on top of clean, white paper towels. Flip them back over and finish drying right side up.

riSHEL Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 7:31pm
post #15 of 18

Thank you all SO much! I'm definitely going to try again with Icing Sheets. I'll use all your wonderful tips. Thank you for being so generous with your advice. I love my CC world! icon_biggrin.gif

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 7:49pm
post #16 of 18

They're still gorgeous cookies. Who is it in the pics? Are these for family for the holidays?

riSHEL Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 5:33am
post #17 of 18

It is a collage of my family. They were do be favors for Thanksgiving (but I threw them out). Everyone in the collage was here for Thanksgiving dinner. I was so disappointed that they didn't turn out icon_sad.gif

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 12:41am
post #18 of 18

I can't believe you threw them out! Isn't it awful that we're all our own worst critics?? I know it's hard when you put so much work in, and what you get is not what you expected, but I still think they were wonderful.
I bet your family would have been thrilled with them, such a unique and personal touch.

I hope you have better luck next time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%