Walgreens Robbery

Lounge By karateka Updated 6 Dec 2008 , 3:32am by redhare

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 2:31pm
post #1 of 12

My DH is a pharmacist for Walgreens, and he was robbed Monday night!!

Two guys came in in ski masks, and one held the front end hostage while the other came back to the pharmacy, jumped the counter and made him empty the safe of Oxycontin. As he was leaving he ripped the phone out of the wall.

Nobody was hurt, but it's got me all tied in knots. Next time he could be coked out or just plain violent.....

11 replies
Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 2:44pm
post #2 of 12

I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope that your hubby is able to recover from this and not let it affect him to much. That can be scar. I hope everything works out. Karema

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 2:47pm
post #3 of 12

Been there!

I was a cashier at a retail store and two women came in and held up the customer service booth in the middle of a very busy Saturday afternoon.

Thanks to a very alert cashier she noticed it and alerted the manager.

The gals were caught and put in jail for strong armed robbery.

We didn't get any therapy or help and should have. We asked for it and it was blown off by upper management with "you seem just fine. You don't really need it."

On the outside yes, on the inside we were far from fine.

I share my story because I want to be sure you have your husband demand some sort of therapy or insist on someone to talk to.

Even now working at a new location in a new state (but for the same company) every now and then I get a little panic attack when someone appears to be shifty in line.

Even if he says he's fine I strongly suggest he be provided some sort of official to talk this out through because he's going to need it if not immediately then in a few days.

I am soooo glad to hear he's ok. That could have been an absolute tragedy in the making.

TC123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TC123 Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 2:51pm
post #4 of 12

I hope they catch these people! Thank God your husband was not physically assaulted. I hope he'll be okay having gone through something like this. ... Having your family together in one piece is a great reason to be thankful this Thanksgiving! Hang in there, karateka. I know it's scary. I'll keep your family in prayer.

SS385Monte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SS385Monte Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 5:56pm
post #5 of 12

That's horrible! The pet store where I know a couple of the employees got held up recently as well. Apparently they were targeting small stores with females working. The store now has a rottweiler puppy. He's a sweetheart as long as he doesn't feel there's a threat. If only we could all bring a rottweiler to work with us!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 11:51pm
post #6 of 12

I feel for all of you who have gone thru this!!

Hubby worked in banking for 25 years and also worked for an armored car service. They got a "tip" one day that there was a planned hit on one of their trucks, so he had to carry his gun that day and he and 2 other guys followed the truck in a company car that day. It was a false alarm, but it made for a long day until he got home.

Robbery is scary enough without the thought of dealing with the nut jobs who are also out for the drugs behind the pharmacy counter.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 1:02am
post #7 of 12

I swear, you have to live every day like it might be your last. You never know when you might cross paths with a crazy person. Thank God they didn't hurt him. If they wanted to kill him, you know that they probably could have, he is so lucky he got the "honest" thieves.

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 2:48am
post #8 of 12

God is with you and your husband. God speed!

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 2:48am
post #9 of 12

God is with you and your husband. God speed!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 3:29am
post #10 of 12

I'm so sorry that this happened. Make sure that he at least talks to someone about it. Thank goodness he's safe and wasn't hurt.

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 3:06am
post #11 of 12

Good news!!!

They caught them!

YAYYYY!!!!!!

Apparently they got them for something else and they confessed to the Walgreens robberies (There have been several in this area).

Phew....now I can sleep again. Until the next yoyo decides he needs pocket change.

redhare Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redhare Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 3:32am
post #12 of 12

OH MAN that IS so scary - I am VERY glad that they caught them!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%