When Do You Put In Stick For Cookies On A Stick?

Baking By rocketmom1985 Updated 4 Dec 2008 , 1:28pm by cylstrial

rocketmom1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rocketmom1985 Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 8:33pm
post #1 of 13

I did a search and found a couple of ways to do this...some put the stick into the cookie on the cookie sheet and bake. They advised to make a thick cookie at least 1/4" thick. Another site said to put the stick under the cookie before baking, and kinda press the cooke around the stick a bit. Still another said to put the stick into the cooke as soon as they get out of the oven. I am confused. What is the best method to use? I just bought a wilton cookie on a stick pan and my first attempt was a toss...I didn't read the part that said to spray the pan first... icon_sad.gif . I used a sugar cookie recipe from Signature Sweet Shoppe from you tube and it got a thumbs down from my cookie eaters. My next batch will be the NFSC recipe.

Thanks

12 replies
ThreeDGirlie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThreeDGirlie Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 8:49pm
post #2 of 13

Now I'll throw another idea into the mix... You can add the sticks after the cookies are finished. Just put a glob of RI or white chocolate (it dries faster) on the back of the cookie and stick the stick on it!

I just made my first decorated cookies for a cookie bouquet, and I used the white chocolate to attach...

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 9:08pm
post #3 of 13

I put the sticks in before baking.

It really comes down to no right or wrong way it is the way that works for you that makes it right or wrong.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 6:49pm
post #4 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by peg818

It really comes down to no right or wrong way it is the way that works for you that makes it right or wrong.

Ditto that! Couldn't have said it better.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 11:48pm
post #5 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiRJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by peg818

Ditto that! Couldn't have said it better.

Agree totally.

Another tip if you insert stick before baking. If your cookie is a little thin and the stick pops thru, just take a small ball of dough and make a "bandaid" to lay over the stick. Holds it just fine.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 11:20am
post #6 of 13

What sticks do you use? I figured the ones I got which were colored lollipop sticks would work with ThreeDGirlie's method.

Lelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lelly Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 11:40am
post #7 of 13

I make cookie pops all of the time and I always bake the stick right in there. If you are using the cookie pop pan there is really no reason not to. I have used cookie cutters and I still baked the stick in the dough. Just caution, when they come out, let them really cool or else when you lift them the stick will come right out of the cookie.

The cookie sticks I use are the Wilton cookie sticks. They are pretty long. When I make a cookie bouquet, I use the long (8in.) and short sticks (6 in.) so that I have different heights in my bouquet and you can see all of the cookies.

Hope this helps.
Danielle

vagostino Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vagostino Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 11:54am
post #8 of 13

i always put the stick when they come out of the oven. It works really well and mine never break. Of course you need to make sure that they are think enough....just like when you put the stick before baking. The only reason why i do this is because if i bake them with the stick they take a lot of space in my baking sheet. This way i can bake bigger batches and it goes faster.

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 2:29am
post #9 of 13

I put the sticks in after the cookies bake-right out of the oven. I am pretty anal about how my cookies look from the back(no sticks showing through, etc...) as I am about the front. This way works the best for me.

Mickeebabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mickeebabe Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 2:18am
post #10 of 13

I put the stick in before I bake them. I use this tutorial I found on a website called Karen's Cookies:

http://www.karenscookies.net/shop//index.php?_a=viewDoc&docId=46

Here's a picture of what I made. The flowers are on cookie sticks and the letters are on skewers.
LL

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 3:11pm
post #11 of 13

Mickeebabe-great bouquet!

lkoenig07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lkoenig07 Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 5:13pm
post #12 of 13

I made cookies for a cookie bouquet for the first time last night. Maybe it's just me & I did it wrong, but when I tried putting the sticks in the cookies before baking, they either ripped through, made the cookies mis-shaped, or made the cookie "sink in" where the stick was after baking. So I put mine in RIGHT after they came out of the oven & it worked perfect!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 1:28pm
post #13 of 13

That link is amazing!! Thanks for sharing!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%