Tractor Wheels

Decorating By sweetcakes Updated 24 Jan 2009 , 3:58pm by racechick311x

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 12:34am
post #1 of 9

im doing a tractor cake later in the week and am wondering if i can do the back two big tires out of cake standing them up, covered in fondant, will the stay up or collapse. or should i go with RKT. just trying to get as many cake servings in the tractor as possible. what'dya think??

8 replies
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 3:05am
post #2 of 9

I just did one like two weeks ago. I was going to make them out of cruellers but the size of the cake was HUGE. I ended up using sytrofoam and covering in black fondant. I don't see why you couldn't make them out of RKT. I personally wouldn't use cake. How many servings do you need? Perhaps there is something you could add to the design to increase the serving count.

junkint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
junkint Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 1:18pm
post #3 of 9

I am doing a tractor cake, made on wood stand with post on bottom , I sitting it on a full sheet cake , making it look like a field, so that I can get more servings for quest. I still deciding on tractor tires, I think cake will definitely fall over. I might use the suggestion of styrofoam. Thanks Bonnie

rcsnickers2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcsnickers2 Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 3:05pm
post #4 of 9

I would love to see what you did for the tires! My son wants a tractor cake. I recently made a CARS cake, cut out cake for tires and covered them in fondant. It worked great. But a tractor is taller and you need bigger tires. Hope it worked!

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 3:34pm
post #5 of 9

i ended up making them from RKT and covering with black gp. they were about 5" around. they worked well ,although my cake wasn;t that great

babybundt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babybundt Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 3:44pm
post #6 of 9

how about chocolate doughnuts for the back wheels? i have seen some done with them..........

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 3:51pm
post #7 of 9

And mini chocolate doughnuts for the front tires... icon_biggrin.gif

racechick311x Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
racechick311x Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 3:53pm
post #8 of 9

I have tried using cake wrapped on fondant for the rear tractor tires and they fell over even with support. Look at my JD Tractor- I needed more servings too so I made the tractor going through a wheat field. Good Luck!

racechick311x Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
racechick311x Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 3:58pm
post #9 of 9

oops! I forgot to attatch a pic!
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%