Decorating Then Freezing

Baking By drowninginfondant Updated 24 Nov 2008 , 1:08am by KHalstead

drowninginfondant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drowninginfondant Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 8:36pm
post #1 of 5

Does anyone cook/decorate with RI and then freeze cookies? How does it work and what tips do you have for doing this. TIA.

4 replies
SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 8:39pm
post #2 of 5

Go for they come out great! I have done them wrapped and ready to go, or I have layered them in beer flats with parchment paper between layers. Seal with saran wrap and tuck in freezer, take out the night before needed.

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 3:59pm
post #3 of 5

I had 2 experiments in my freezer.

One was a sealed penguin cookie and the other is a red and white christmas stocking.

They have been in there since last Christmas. I took them out the other day and they are both fine. I just wanted to see how the most difficult colors would hold up in the freezer. My silly DH even took a bite out of one and said it tasted good. I didn't want him to eat it, but nice to know. I would never keep them that long.

I seal my cookies in cello bags(the crunchy kind) with my foodsaver.

I also had a pink heart that was stenciled with white icing in there also. It is holding up nicely.

Just make sure you have ample room so they don't get crushed by someone reaching for something in the freezer.

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 4:03pm
post #4 of 5

Forgot to mention that I use the NFSC recipe, and Antonia's Icing. icon_redface.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 1:08am
post #5 of 5

they work fine, just make sure you leave them alone when they're thawing , don't unwrap until they're completely thawed..........your best bet is to just take em' out the day before you need to package them!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%