Please Help With Cookie Label

Baking By mjballinger Updated 16 Nov 2008 , 5:38pm by KHalstead

mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 1:26pm
post #1 of 16

Hi everyone! I am making wedding cake cookies (the flat cut out ones) for favors for my sisters 25th anniversary party and I can't figure out how to do the labels. The bags are 6 in X 3.75 in. and the cookie itself is .... well, I can't find where I put the cookie cutter but I think that it is about 3.5 inches. I have Word Perfect 9.0 but can't find a template that I think would work. I would like to put a picture of my sister and BIL and write "Cathy and Randy" then "Celebrating 25 Years Together". Without the quotation marks obviously. The picture is not a must have. I just can't figure out how to size the label. Please help!!

And do any of you have any pics of nicely packaged cookies that I could draw inspiration from?

Thanks so much for any help, I have made 90 gumpaste roses in the last 3 days and I am exhausted!!

~Jen

15 replies
SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 1:44pm
post #2 of 16

Look under tools for labels. What are you using for the labels, business cards, address labels? You can always do up a template and run a piece of plain paper through to see if that works.

mjballinger Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 1:57pm
post #3 of 16

Thanks. I did find where the labels are, but I just have no idea which one to use. I thought I found a good sized one, but I would have to figure out how to do my text side ways so that when I folded it, it would work out. I think I'm just using regular white paper. I don't want to have to go buy special paper if I don't have to.

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 2:26pm
post #4 of 16

I don't know if this will help you, but I make tags for my cookies that foldover the top. I do the artwork with Word using Word Art and once printed, cut it out and fold over the top, attaching with double-sided sticky tape to avoid staples. I don't think this is what you are looking for, but thought I would reply in case it might be an idea that might work for you.

Take care,
Tracy

TracyLH Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 2:33pm
post #5 of 16

Hi again! Here is another thought. If you do want to turn your text sideways, here is what I do. Use Word Art to do your text (I have to select "Insert" to do that with my version). Once you have that done, click on it and select âText Wrappingâ and choose âIn Front of Textâ. Once that is set, you can click on the little green circle to turn your text sideways.

I hope that helps a bit!
Tracy

SweetDreamsAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreamsAT Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 2:39pm
post #6 of 16

Here's an idea - if you "insert" a text box onto a regular blank page document, you can size the box however you want, type whatever you want inside it and copy and paste an image inside it too. Then, when you have a label you like, copy and paste more on to the page, print it out and cut out your individual labels. I'm attaching a test one I did. I hope this will help a little.

mjballinger Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 2:44pm
post #7 of 16

Tracy,
Thank you! That is just what I was thinking of. Can I ask what size you make them? (The labels). I hadn't even thought of sizing them myself. Guess I've been having a DUH! moment all morning! lol.
~Jen

mjballinger Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 2:45pm
post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetDreamsAT

Here's an idea - if you "insert" a text box onto a regular blank page document, you can size the box however you want, type whatever you want inside it and copy and paste an image inside it too. Then, when you have a label you like, copy and paste more on to the page, print it out and cut out your individual labels. I'm attaching a test one I did. I hope this will help a little.

There's no attachment, but I know what you mean. Thanks so much.

You guys are great!! Thank heaven for CC!!

SweetDreamsAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreamsAT Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 2:46pm
post #9 of 16

oops, my attachment didn't work. But it looks like Tracy was posting at the same time as me, and she answered your question. icon_smile.gif

brannendeville Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brannendeville Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 3:34pm
post #10 of 16

You can add a text box and change the direction of the text.

TracyLH Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 4:14pm
post #11 of 16

Hi Jen,

I just measure my bag and make the label a touch bigger so that you cover the edge. SweetDreamsAT had a great point about using the text box. I forgot about that one! My biggest suggestion if you use WordArt is to make sure you put it "In Front of Text" to easily move it around. You also might want to make two columns first before you start, depending on how wide your bag is. With the size I did, I did it in landscape mode.

mjballinger Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 4:18pm
post #12 of 16

Thank you SweetDreamsAT for the tip about the text boxes! I didn't know I could do that. Tracy, thanks for all your help.

And now, lol, just as I want to start the royal icing, it's pouring outside. Geesh icon_rolleyes.gif I was going to do rolled buttercream but my daughter and her friend (both 8 years old) told me it's "yucky" last time I made it.

mjballinger Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 4:28pm
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by brannendeville

You can add a text box and change the direction of the text.

Thanks for that! I didn't realize I could change the direction!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 6:58pm
post #14 of 16

Just wanted to suggest that you may want to look for some scrapbooking card stock (thicker and nicer than just plain computer paper) with a coloring that matches the wedding?

here are some that I did without any text

I realize they have staples but this was before I thought about using double sided tape LOL
LL

mjballinger Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 2:16am
post #15 of 16

KHalstead - those cookies are awesome and I love the packaging. Thanks for the idea!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 5:38pm
post #16 of 16

and in case anyone cares, I just bought a pack of 6 of scotch brand double sided tape at Sam's Club for 9.00 and change!! They are like 3-4 bucks a piece at A.C. Moore!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%