My Most Moist Cake Ever Baking Tips!

Baking By cakesdivine Updated 4 Dec 2016 , 10:45am by marieajarin

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 7:56pm
post #121 of 123

I disagree, I won't torte them unless they are slightly frozen. To me if fully defrosted they are too moist to manhandle and you run the risk of having to puzzle piece the cake after each filling instead of taking a whole solid torted layer and putting it in place. Use a very sharp long serrated knife to torte with or an Agbay. Agbay will go through the slightly frozen cake quite easily. Wilton levelers will not work!

CakeandDazzle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeandDazzle Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 2:31am
post #122 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesdivine

I disagree, I won't torte them unless they are slightly frozen. To me if fully defrosted they are too moist to manhandle and you run the risk of having to puzzle piece the cake after each filling instead of taking a whole solid torted layer and putting it in place. Use a very sharp long serrated knife to torte with or an Agbay. Agbay will go through the slightly frozen cake quite easily. Wilton levelers will not work!

yeah maybe thats my problem.... i have the wilton... it is pretty hard to do it when fully defrosted but even harded frozen and i cant cut straight with a knife to save my life... maybe ill invest!

marieajarin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marieajarin Posted 4 Dec 2016 , 10:45am
post #123 of 123

It's great ! Thanks for sharing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%