What To Sign At Delivery

Business By dandelion56602 Updated 12 Nov 2008 , 1:42am by dandelion56602

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 6:32am
post #1 of 9

I am wondering if any of you have a clause/contract you require to be signed at the time of delivery? I know I've read about it in posts, but I can find it in a search for the life of me.

8 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 2:03pm
post #2 of 9

I have a sheet I print up stating that "this cake has been set up to my satisfaction" and that once I leave I am not responsible for anything that happens to it. Very simple, short and to the point.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 2:59pm
post #3 of 9

I don't get anyone to sign anything, I used to when I first started and nobody at the reception sites ever wanted to sign. I know that I wouldn't sign anything if I had no prior knowledge of what had been ordered, etc. I just take a lot of pictures, and there's a clause in the contract that says that once I set the cake up it can't be moved or I take no responsibility for it.

Getting a signature doesn't always mean a lot anyway, people will still complain. If you have pictures of the cake set up and in one piece you'll have proof that you were there and the cake looked good when you left.

dandelion56602 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 3:15pm
post #4 of 9

Well, its just a single cake (not tiered) & I have to deliver it a day before the shower. So, they will be taking it to the venue. That's why I'm concerned & wondering if i should have them sign something.

cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 3:16pm
post #5 of 9

I couldn't get venue staff to sign either, so after awhile i just quit doing it. Now I just have a clause in my contract and take pics.

Also, if there is any 'issue' during set-up: i had to move the table, florist was not there yet or did not provide the correct flowers, cake table on an unsteady dance floor, etc...I document it on the contract.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 3:24pm
post #6 of 9

If you're delivering it directly to them you can get them to sign something that says it looked right if you're worried about it. Take pictures before you leave your house, too. Just ask them if its okay and get them to sign off on it, then you're covered.

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 9:09pm
post #7 of 9

I state in my contract that somebody has to be there to sign for the cake.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 9:21pm
post #8 of 9

I dont' get a signature .... usually because I'm at the country club setting up the cake, and the family is at the church getting ready for the wedding.

As a caterer, I would not sign for ANYTHING that was delivered, since I didn't know what was ordered or what it was suppose to look like.

dandelion56602 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 1:42am
post #9 of 9

I'm delivering to the girl who ordered the cake. I just don't want them to drop the cake on the way to their car or going into the venue & somehow say I delivered a cake that wasn't stable. You know how people can get.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%