Magyfleurs

Decorating By Cakes_By_Bright Updated 11 Nov 2008 , 7:03pm by Michelle104

Cakes_By_Bright Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakes_By_Bright Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 12:49am
post #1 of 5

I was just watching the cupcake challenge in Food Network and one of the contestants was making flowers in a technique called "Magyfleurs". I looked it up since I never heard about it before and it seems $$$. icon_surprised.gif And there I was thinking I'd like to try it out someday. HAHAHAHA

Anyways, has anyone used it before? It seems interesting.

4 replies
eatdessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eatdessert1st Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 2:27pm
post #2 of 5

I have some! My sweet SIL gave me a set for my bday because she was so enamored of them. That was in the summer and I haven't used them yet icon_surprised.gif She bought them from a seller on ebay... they're not bronze as the original ones are but some type of metal. They are SO expensive... even the knock off ones. I wouldn't have ever bought them for myself. I'd love to play around w/ them w/ hot sugar... anyone have a recipe to use for that? If I get a chance to do it I'll post some pics of them.

Mel Mc.

This is from pastrychef:

"These classic forms have been used by pastry chef's and confectioner's for years to create elegant edible chocolate and poured sugar flowers.

The process is simple:
Chill bronze Magic Flowers in a bowl of ice water, until the shapes are very cold.
Prepare as required tempered Chocolate or Poured Sugar.
Remove a form from the chilled water and wipe-off any excess water with a clean cloth. Then dip form into the liquid chocolate or poured sugar, then allow this thin layer to solidify on the form. Then simply pop-off this thin layer shape and repeat.
Assemble the finished pieces using additional chocolate or poured sugar, apply flowers as accents to decorative cakes, plated desserts and showpieces."

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 4:51pm
post #3 of 5

I saw it too and they look awesome! I checked out the website and holy cow!! icon_eek.gif I was just wondering if you could find some sort of brass handles like at lowe's or home depot and do the same thing with them?? What do you guys think?

hpotter83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hpotter83 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 5:14pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle104

I saw it too and they look awesome! I checked out the website and holy cow!! icon_eek.gif I was just wondering if you could find some sort of brass handles like at lowe's or home depot and do the same thing with them?? What do you guys think?

I was thinking of trying this also...I don't see what the difference would be.

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 7:03pm
post #5 of 5

Do you think you just use like the hard candy recipe for the sugar?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%