Purse Cake

Decorating By GalenaDeters Updated 10 Nov 2008 , 7:51pm by GalenaDeters

GalenaDeters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GalenaDeters Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 6:38pm
post #1 of 3

I am creating a purse cake for the first tim and I was wondering if anyone had any tips or even a template I could go by to maybe make the process a little easier... Thanks! icon_smile.gif

2 replies
OhioBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhioBaker Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 7:28pm
post #2 of 3

I just recently made my first purse cake...I just viewed some purses in the gallery and printed several of them out. I baked 2 9x13's and cut them into thirds and then stacked them on top of each other with buttercream in between each layer. I only used 5 layers, but I did use dowels at the 4th layer and then another center dowel through all 5 layers. Then I just started carving to get the basic shape that I was going for...crumb coated and iced and then decorated. It's not as difficult as you think it's going to be.

Good luck.

GalenaDeters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GalenaDeters Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 7:51pm
post #3 of 3

What did you cover yours in? I am worried about the accents more than anything... I am also making cupcakes to match the cake because it is a birthday party for a woman who is supposivley very "girly" so she loves her purses and accesories... Any ideas would be very helpful.. Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%