My First Heart Cake!

Decorating By Chippi Updated 10 Nov 2008 , 7:15pm by Dinny2222

Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 3:48am
post #1 of 7

I did this for my daughter and fiance's get together at their new place. I had alot of fun with this one enjoyed making the mmf flowers and roses. I used green tootsie rolls for the flower stems around the cake. The kids at the party loved them. I wasn't happy with my bow so I kinda hid alot of it so I will be doing lots of practice with those. Tell me what you think??? icon_smile.gif

White cake (daughter's order) w/ bc icing w/ MMF flowers, balls, bow and one white rose accented with pearl dust.
LL

6 replies
cakedivamommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedivamommy Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 3:56am
post #2 of 7

I think it looks awesome! If you do not mind me asking, what color did you use for the base of the cake?

Chippi Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 4:02am
post #3 of 7

I wanted a light coral color and knew the wiltons red I had would give me that color from trials before. The flowers around the cake are a dark coral color. When i added the red to the MMF it gave me a deeper coral which I liked. icon_smile.gif

cakedivamommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedivamommy Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 4:12am
post #4 of 7

Which Wilton red color do you have? I LOVE the color of your cake. I have "Christmas" red and I can never get it anything other than red red. Thank you.

Chippi Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 4:29am
post #5 of 7

I went to look and its called Red Red Rouge Rouge on the lid. That's why it is a blush color...........duh me. haha

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 11:04am
post #6 of 7

Wow! its beautifuk. And I love the colours too. thumbs_up.gif

Dinny2222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dinny2222 Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 7:15pm
post #7 of 7

beautiful cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%