Thank You From A New Mmf'er!

Decorating By mandysue Updated 8 Nov 2008 , 10:10pm by bettinashoe

mandysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandysue Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 9:40pm
post #1 of 7

I sincerely want to thank everyone on this site for their help and inspiration! I just made my first batch of Marshmallow Fondant (MMF) and I'm in love. I'll never go back to Wilton fondant. I just wish I'd done it years ago. It tastes better, is much more economical, and isn't any harder to whip up than a batch of Rice Krispy bars. If it weren't for my addiction to this website, I wouldn't have even known that you could make your own fondant!

Thanks for helping me grow in my artistry as a cake decorator. I appreciate each of you!

6 replies
kokopuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kokopuff Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 9:51pm
post #2 of 7

I have always wanted to try making my own but I have been afraid it would taste as bad as the wilton brand so I was afraid of wasting the money.I am glad you have posted this, it gives me more courage to try it on my own!I have however lost my recipe,I assume you found it on this site.I have just recently discovered this site and have yet to explore everything but so far I love it! icon_biggrin.gif

bettinashoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bettinashoe Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 9:52pm
post #3 of 7

I know exactly what you mean, mandysue. i was afraid to try it at first but I am so totally into MMF that I won't even consider going back!

kokopuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kokopuff Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 9:58pm
post #4 of 7

I found the recipe.Which one did you use? the marshmallow fluff or the reg.marshmallows you heat in the microwave?I am hoping to give it a try soon.

mandysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandysue Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 10:01pm
post #5 of 7

This is the recipe I used. Some of the others looked really delic, but this one looked the easiest, so now you all know how lazy I am!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-1949-3-Marshmallow-Fondant-MMF.html

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 10:07pm
post #6 of 7

I am totally addicted to MMF!!! I hate to even do buttercream cakes now.. they are just boring! LOL

bettinashoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bettinashoe Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 10:10pm
post #7 of 7

That's basically the same recipe I use. I substitute the extract of my choice for some of the water.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%