? 4 Those Of You That Design Your Own Sites Re: Galleries

Decorating By KHalstead Updated 12 Nov 2008 , 9:59pm by KHalstead

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 11:47pm
post #1 of 7

I have found an awesome way to make galleries for free and it couldn't be simpler it's called porta simple viewer you can find out about it here and get the download
http://www.stegmann.dk/mikkel/porta/

only thing is, once I have the album set up I can't figure out how to embed it into my site. I need approximately 15 galleries for all the different "types" of cakes/cookies and stuff I do (my freewebs site is filled up and they won't give me anymore space unless I pay ) so I have a domain name that I bought and I'd like to just design my own site (which I've done, minus the galleries) using a free downloaded program called page breeze.

So I'm wondering if anyone knows how to embed this type of gallery and if not what do you guys use?? I'd love to see some different types of galleries and get any advice you can offer. I'm not that computer savvy so go easy on me, I'm self taught!
Thanks
icon_cry.gif

6 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 12:41am
post #2 of 7

I have over 200 photos on my supplemental website, Flickr. It's designed to be a photographer's website so it can hold lots of pics. You can get a free site ... it took me something like 12 pages of pics before I filled up the free space, then it's only $25 year.

I just put a link on my regular website that says, "Click here for add'l photos" .... one click and the viewer goes to my FLickr pics.

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 12:47am
post #3 of 7

I use yahoo site builder and you can have as many pictures as you want. It's 12.95 per month
Can I ask why so many galleries?

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 12:57am
post #4 of 7

My website uses Coppermine Gallery. It's a free download.
At the moment, I have 2148 pictures on my site. Click the WWW button below to have a look at my site, and then have a look at the coppermine site. You may not like how my site looks, but Coppermine has multiple ways to configure it. I have no doubt there is one you'd like.

http://coppermine-gallery.net/

FLOWERGEL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FLOWERGEL Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 12:58am
post #5 of 7

hello and come and see my site
and thank u for the informations to all

KHalstead Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 4:07am
post #6 of 7

okay, I think I've figured it out!! I finally found a place that has a super easy set up for a gallery that can be embedded in an already existing website......I should have my new site up and running in a few days and I'll let you all have a look at the gallery!

KHalstead Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 9:59pm
post #7 of 7

flowergel...........I made a freewebs site (actually I picked out the exact same background as you did only mine is pink......check out my www down below) but they won't let me add anymore cake photos........I've got like 10 cakes that I've done that aren't even added as of right now because they only give you so much space for free and I'm maxed out!!!

Love those gelatinas by the way!!!!! Glad to see you're still displaying them even if you can't do it on Cake Central!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%