Help!!! They Are Sticking!

Decorating By SweetResults Updated 6 Nov 2008 , 10:51pm by kandu001

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 4:20pm
post #1 of 9

I made 120 caramel apples for my cousin's wedding, I dipped the bottoms in chocolate. I let them sit overnight (not in the fridge) and they are still too sticky to put in the cello bags that I have!!!

I can't get them in the bags - HELP!!!! The wedding is Sunday, so I have some time to solve the problem, but how do I get them in the bags? Do I chill them first??

8 replies
jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 4:27pm
post #2 of 9

What is sticky? The chocolate or the caramel?

dellboi2u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dellboi2u Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 4:44pm
post #3 of 9

I would try chilling them a bit first

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 4:47pm
post #4 of 9

Did you make the caramel? Is that what's sticky? It sounds like maybe you didn't get it hot enough. And even if you chill them to get them into the bags, when they come back to room temp do you think they'll stick to the bags so you can't get them out?

SweetResults Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 8:41pm
post #5 of 9

I bought the caramel from Daffy Apples, heated it to 180 degrees like they said, and it is not sticky if I touch them, but it sticks to the wrapper when I try to put them in - I am soooooo screwed! icon_sad.gif

SweetResults Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 8:41pm
post #6 of 9

Sorry - it is the caramel that is sticking, the chocolate is fine - I may have to drizzle choc over the apples to get them not to stick.

SweetResults Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 8:49pm
post #7 of 9

What if I grease the bags first?

SweetResults Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 10:47pm
post #8 of 9

Well I am drizzling chocolate all over the apples, chilling them, stuffing them in the bags and DONE WITH IT!

If it sticks when they take it out oh well! Maybe I will make a little tag advising them to chill the apple, then cut the bag to take them out.

They are not quite the nice bright ruby red caramel apples (Daffy Apples makes a red caramel) I had hoped for, but they still look pretty cool.

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 10:51pm
post #9 of 9

I wouldn't grease the bags first, as you would probably be able to see it when the apple is inside. It will make a smeared-like look to an otherwise beautiful apple. Try chilling them for a bit, and drizzle chocolate over the exposed caramel.

I would also turn the bags inside out and "wrap" them around the apple to turn them "right-side in". I think it will prevent them from sticking. princess.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%