Elmo / Abby Cadabby Cake

Decorating By janzcakes71 Updated 3 Feb 2011 , 6:49pm by imagenthatnj

janzcakes71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janzcakes71 Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 3:22am
post #1 of 9

Got an order for both Elmo and Abby to be on a half sheet cake. I've searched the web and haven't found both on one cake. Has anyone out here done this yet? If so, pix or instructions please. icon_lol.gif

Jan

8 replies
Launa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Launa Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 3:33am
post #2 of 9

I had to do Abby Cadabby about a month ago and I matched the color of her dress for the icing and then used the grass tip as a border using the color of her hair. I have no earthly idea of how to combine Elmo into that mix!!! Let us know what you come up with!!

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 3:34am
post #3 of 9

Hello and Welcome to CC!

There are a lot of Sesame Street coloring pages on a site I found, lots of Elmo and Abby...perhaps you can find 2 pages which will work together to give you one image of them together:
http://www.sesamestreet.org/games/art

rreed6263 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rreed6263 Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 3:34am
post #4 of 9

Why not try a frozen buttercream transfer? You can shrink down the images and put both on the cake. If you google images, there are quite a few. HTH
Here's a few Abby Cadabby
http://sugarmamatreats.com/new%20photos/abby%20cadabby%20I.jpg
http://www.balloonmaniacs.com/images/abbycadabbyheliumballoon.jpg
LL

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 3:47am
post #5 of 9

what about doing a present theme with a looped bow with gumpaste plaque pictures of elmo and abby coming from it. They could be attached to the wires. Like I have seen alot of cakes on here. On the sides of the cake you can do fbcts of the two of them. or if the child's name has some o's in it you can do happy birthday with the name larger and in the circles have elmo and abby. Is it for 2 people or just one person?

janzcakes71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janzcakes71 Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 3:54am
post #6 of 9

Thanks all of you for the quick response. Sugar Frosted, thanks for that site, I'm now printing some of those out to use for the cake. THANKS.
Cakeandpartygirl, It's for one little boy. I know sounds weird for a boy, but whatever they want, right? icon_smile.gif

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 4:01am
post #7 of 9

You're very welcome! I'm glad you found something useful!

I bookmarked the site for me too... lots of cute images there.

Be sure to post a picture of your cake!

lhawthorne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lhawthorne Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 6:16pm
post #8 of 9

would love to see a picture of the final product...I am having an elmo/abby cadabby party and have not found a cake I like yet

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%