Ka Help Pretty Please :)

Decorating By sweetbn Updated 5 Nov 2008 , 4:27pm by q2wheels

sweetbn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbn Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 9:34pm
post #1 of 6

I whipped up a batch of icing in the new KA and it left black stuff in my icing. So I phoned KA help line and they had no advice, except to set me up with a repair shop. Has anyone had this happen to them and what did you do about? I was thinking of seeing if the beater is maybe rubbing the bowl and adjusting it. Im not sure where the black stuff came from, any ideas? Thanks

Janelle

5 replies
DaCakeDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaCakeDiva Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 10:24pm
post #2 of 6

You're right on point check the beater/bowl clearance

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 10:55pm
post #3 of 6

I've heard other people complain about that. It happens on their first batch. Something about left over gear oil or something? Did you try using it again?

debiz1123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debiz1123 Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 12:45am
post #4 of 6

The first time I used mine, the icing tasted funny, but I didn't have any black stuff in it. Everythings been fine since that first batch.

Debbie

sweetbn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbn Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 2:35am
post #5 of 6

I never tried anything else in it because I was afraid of ruining it. I looked at my Aunt's tonight and the beater is in the same place in relation to the bowl. She said she has never had an issue. I also talked to my decorating instructor tonight and she just advised returning it for a new one (which is the same thing my Mom said). Thanks for your help ladies.

q2wheels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
q2wheels Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 4:27pm
post #6 of 6

I just got my KA (my first one ever...yeah!!!!) and the same thing happened to me....seems it is the packing/shipping oil. I filled the bowl with hot white vinegar put the paddle, dough hooks and whisk in, let it soak until the vinegar cooled then washed with really hot water and lots of dish soap.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%