Guitar Cake

Decorating By cakebaker1978 Updated 1 Nov 2008 , 11:49pm by clintr24

cakebaker1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1978 Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 2:19am
post #1 of 5

I was asked to make a guitar hero cake and I have been looking at some of them here on CC. I thought the Wilton pan was shaped more like an electric guitar. I was wrong! lol. How do you get that electric guitar shape? I was thinking about using the actual Guitar hero guitar and making a template. Any other ideas on how to get that shape? Is there a pan out there like the Guitar hero? Any tips would be welcome!! thanks CC people!

thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
cakebaker1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1978 Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 5:53am
post #2 of 5

Anybody???? lol icon_lol.gif

sparklynne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparklynne Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 6:05am
post #3 of 5

I think that is really what you are going to have to do. I had to come up with a guitar template on my own for my guitar cake I got it figured out by looking at it. and it really was not too bad to carve. So I say go for it. If you are good at free hand you may not even need the template. Good Luck! icon_smile.gif

alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 11:40pm
post #4 of 5

I did a guitar cake. I used freezer paper to draw a template. I traced my pan on the freezer paper and cut it out. I then used pictures of the guitar to sketch out the shape. When I was satisfied with my shape I cut it out, laid it on top of my cake (I used a 12x1icon_cool.gif and used a serrated edged knife to cut it out. I then trimmed the top edges to get a rounded look, and built up the rounded look a little more with icing. I covered the cake in fondant. I used foam core for the stem. Here's a picture of my cake.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1267197

clintr24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clintr24 Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 11:49pm
post #5 of 5

I did a guitar cake. (The pic is up under my profile). It is a Les Paul cake, but I used the guitar hero guitar as my template. (The shapes are the same.

I used a 12X12 pan and a 13X9 pan then just pieced it all together.

Good luck with it! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%