Ok You Would Think....

Business By simplysweet72740 Updated 1 Nov 2008 , 3:45am by Swede-cakes

simplysweet72740 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysweet72740 Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 1:31pm
post #1 of 3

that being a cake decorator/designer that I could come up with a design for a baby shower. Well my fellow decorators thats just not happening today or for the past 2 weeks. The client wants a 2 tier square cake, with the diamond press, with these colors Navy Blue and Pale Pink. Please if anyone can figure something out that would help me I would greatly appreciate it. So navy, pink, diamond press, 2 tier square, baby shower.
Thanks to all!!!!

2 replies
Callyssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callyssa Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 3:05pm
post #2 of 3

Make a big loopy gumpaste bow with both colors, a few gumpaste teddy bears, and call it a baby shower cake......? I don't know.....I feel for you! Is there anyway you can talk her out of the navy blue and diamond impressions? Good luck.....make sure to post your final creation!

Swede-cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Swede-cakes Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 3:45am
post #3 of 3

Hmmm...assuming it's for a baby girl? Sounds girly to me, but then again, my favorite color is navy blue. icon_biggrin.gif Navy is a wonderful accent color against pink!

Anyway, what about using pink fondant on the whole thing, with the diamond press on the bottom layer, and set a beautiful navy ribbon with a bow at the base instead of a border (maybe grosgrain ribbon, as it always reminds me of little girls' hair bows). Leave the top tier smooth and make swiss dot in navy BC, using the ribbon again at the base of this layer.

On top, I'm thinking a 3-D baby carriage? Or a tiny fondant newborn in the center of a darker pink open rose bloom (Anne Geddes-like) with a few small rose buds here and there? I was given a sterling silver Victorian baby rattle for my daughter when she was born, and I'd probably try to replicate that in edible form if I were doing this cake. Paint it silver, set a bow of narrow pink and navy loops of ribbon around the handle and place it on the top.

I'm just typing off the top of my head right now, I don't know if any of this helps. I wish you luck; I'm sure you'll come up with something great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%