Cookie Scoop...

Baking By SILVERCAT Updated 31 Oct 2008 , 2:36pm by SILVERCAT

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 2:19am
post #1 of 9

I usually make a lot of drop cookies come the holidays and bought a cookie scoop, but it HORRIBLE! I can go alot quicker with my two spoon method than this thing! Yes it is the wilton one http://cgi.ebay.com/WILTON-HOLIDAY-RED-COOKIE-SCOOP-QUIK-RELEASE-HANDLE-NEW_W0QQitemZ160201686530QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116
But was wondering what everyone here uses, do you have one that works really good for drop cookies? I used it for chocolate chip cookies and I still had to dig into it with a spoon! So please enlighten me on what you use!

8 replies
cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 2:26am
post #2 of 9

I bought lever-action metal ice cream scoops in several sizes for drop cookes. They work well. I had a plastic one, like Wilton's, and it broke quickly.

MaloSlatko Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaloSlatko Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 2:38am
post #3 of 9

I have metal ones by OXO in 3 sizes and they have been working very well for a while now with regular use. I bought them on Amazon.

SILVERCAT Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 11:49am
post #4 of 9

Thanks for the heads up, I plan on replacing this one before it breaks!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 12:38pm
post #5 of 9

Metal ones .... I use a #24 size and get them at an outlet mall store called Kitchen Collection. The squeeze handle style (like the one in your pic) is the kind I prefer .... the kind where you push a handle with your thumb is harder, I think. (I have both kinds and the thumb-killer ones are on the bottom of the pile!)

SILVERCAT Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 1:46pm
post #6 of 9

THanks!

KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 1:58pm
post #7 of 9

I love the cookie scoops from Pampered Chef - they have them in 3 sizes. And no, I'm not a PC rep! I just love their products!!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 2:09pm
post #8 of 9

Oh, Silvercat, the problem isn't with scoops in general, it's that yours was made by wilton. There's a thread on here about the inferiority of nearly all their products.

In the trade, these are called portion scoops and come in all kinds of sizes. If you have a restaurant supplies store in your city (check the yellow pages) they will stock them. And because they're for heavy duty restaurant use they will hold up.

SILVERCAT Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 2:36pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahs

Oh, Silvercat, the problem isn't with scoops in general, it's that yours was made by wilton. There's a thread on here about the inferiority of nearly all their products.

In the trade, these are called portion scoops and come in all kinds of sizes. If you have a restaurant supplies store in your city (check the yellow pages) they will stock them. And because they're for heavy duty restaurant use they will hold up.

Yup I knew someone was going to say it was bc "Wilton" made it! But I was in a jam and needed one this week bc I have alot of cookies to do for a bake sale next week, thought it would make life a little easier! It does now that I sprayed some pam on it, though! I don't know of any restaurant supply locally but online I do! Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%