Newbie Here...i Need A Recipe And Tips To Make Fondant Easy

Decorating By darenda Updated 31 Oct 2008 , 6:52pm by Daisys_Cakes

darenda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darenda Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 6:19pm
post #1 of 6

I'm new around here and new to cake decorating. I'm currently taking a cake decorating class and am so excited! I've never used fondant but the cakes I've seen with it are so beautiful I want to give it a try this weekend. I need an easy recipe and any tips or tricks you might want to share with meicon_smile.gif

5 replies
DnEKakez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DnEKakez Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 6:41pm
post #2 of 6

Welcome! Try using the MMF it's super easy to make and easy to work with...

This will give u a step by step guide on how to make it HTH

http://www.cakecentral.com/article47-how-to-make-and-decorate.html

Ayanami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ayanami Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 7:47pm
post #3 of 6

I use this very simple, very economical, very tasty recipe.

http://www.wilton.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=77236&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=

Remember to keep your work surface caoted with powdered sugar & your hands coated with shorteneing & keep the MMF covered when not in use to help slow the drying process.

HTH!

alcotth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alcotth Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 8:52pm
post #4 of 6

You will love the fondant! I use my stand mixer to combine the marshmallows and powdered sugar, works MIRACLES! Just coat EVERYTHING that you use in shortening. I don't put flavoring in mine and people have told me it's the best fondant they have ever tasted, so use your judgment on that one.

A tip that has helped me IMMENSLY... after you have rolled the fondant and place it over your cake, rub the top gently and then attach the top edges and work your way down. Youtube has a couple good videos, just type in covering a cake with fondant.

Good luck! Don't get discouraged too easily either!

bakeyclacker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakeyclacker Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 6:23am
post #5 of 6

I say once you go fondant, you'll never go back...unless the bride wants it. Here is an excellent link: http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2127-toba-garretts-fondant.html The taste with butter and vanilla flavoring is really quite mild, and then with almond, lemon or raspberry flavoring, it's delicious and makes the guests ask what you put in it to taste so delicious. With fondant, remember that as your rolling it out on your mat (a vinyl mat works very well - such as a vinyl table cloth, or a wilton fondant mat) stop an pull it up every 2nd or 3rd roll. if it's difficult to get off, put down more powdered sugar before turning it over and rolling it again on the other side. Also, whenever tinting fondant black, begin with a chocolate fondant base. Good luck!!

Daisys_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daisys_Cakes Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 6:52pm
post #6 of 6

I personally love Michele Fosters Delicious fondant recipe (you can find it in CC recipe section), it is so yummy! The recipe is somewhat time consuming, but still very simple.

HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%