Everyone Loved My Cake!

Decorating By ThreeDGirlie Updated 31 Oct 2008 , 8:45am by wyatt

ThreeDGirlie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThreeDGirlie Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 2:56pm
post #1 of 11

I got a call from a friend last Wednesday asking if I could make a cake for her daughter for this Tuesday (pillow cake in gallery). She didn't really have any ideas except "girly" and that her daughter (age 5) likes princesses, flowers and butterflies. This friend is from my moms group, and I always bake a cake or cupcakes for the meetings, so everyone there knows I bake...

Well yesterday I got 5 e-mails and messages from people in my moms group that were at the party telling me how great the cake looked - and more importantly how good it tasted! Some of them asked about making cakes for their kids when the time comes.

I know I'm not anywhere near as good as many of the people on here, but for somebody that only started decorating this spring, I am really happy with how much I have learned and taught myself. Thanks to all here on CC for the help and sharing the knowledge!

10 replies
staceyboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyboots Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 3:10pm
post #2 of 11

that's great thumbs_up.gif

jjcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjcakes Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 5:16pm
post #3 of 11

Congratulations! icon_biggrin.gif

juleskaye518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleskaye518 Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 5:36pm
post #4 of 11

Good for you. I am a newbie too and to get nice things said about your work always feels great. Good for you!

UltimateCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UltimateCakes Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 8:21pm
post #5 of 11

Congrats!!! Cake looks great!

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 8:35pm
post #6 of 11

Yeah! That's the best feeling!

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 8:43pm
post #7 of 11

Congrats! It looks great! You will only get better icon_smile.gif .

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 8:54pm
post #8 of 11

How Nice! I can't believe you've only been decorating for a few months. You have a natural talent!

ThreeDGirlie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThreeDGirlie Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 8:07am
post #9 of 11

Thanks to everyone that replied - and everyone that looked at my cake! I know I'm nowhere near the level of many here, but I just love that I am learning and trying new techniques on every cake. It is so much fun to experiment and see what I can do next. icon_lol.gif Being new to decorating, there are so many things I have yet to try... and so many things that I wouldn't have the guts to think about if it weren't for CC. Thanks y'all for the inspiration and encouragement! thumbs_up.gif

akgirl10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akgirl10 Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 8:19am
post #10 of 11

ThreeDGirlie, your cake is really pretty. You are very talented, keep up the caking!

wyatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wyatt Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 8:45am
post #11 of 11

Nice work Girlie! I'm not a little girl anymore but I'd love to have a cake like that. Keep up the fantastic work!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%