Looking For A Recipe

Decorating By atschnet Updated 28 Oct 2008 , 9:25pm by weirkd

atschnet Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 7:55pm
post #1 of 7

Okay ladies, I'm a huge Ace of Cakes fan and a while back he was on Rachael Ray and made a pumpkin chocolate chip cake. I have yet to find a recipe, so i was thinking of making my own.

I figured i could use a pumpkin cake recipe and just add chocolate chips to it.

So my question is do yall think i need to change something like add less of something in the pumpkin cake recipe??????? Add more liquid????

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

6 replies
mlynnb Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 8:12pm
post #2 of 7

I don't know the answer to your question, but here's a bump, because that sure does sound like something I'd like to make also! icon_biggrin.gif

Malakin Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 8:15pm
post #3 of 7

What's in the original pumpkin cake recipe. Does it hold up firm? Can't really help you by telling what to add or take away without the recipe.

calicakequeen Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 8:23pm
post #4 of 7

I know that in my recipe I don't change anything. I use the same pumpkin recipe for muffins, quick bread, cake and pumkin bars..... YUMMYYY... icon_biggrin.gif

all4cake Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 8:27pm
post #5 of 7

There's a dump load of p/cc recipes out there!

for starters

I don't know if doctoring your regular recipe is necessary...If I were attempting it with my regular one, I'd probably just toss in some minis and be done with it.

Eisskween Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 8:27pm
post #6 of 7

This is from Cooks.com, fairly easy and a sturdy cake.

3 c. flour
2 c. sugar
4 eggs
2 c. pumpkin
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 c. chocolate chips
2 c. walnuts
1 c. oil

Mix all ingredients together. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

weirkd Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 9:25pm
post #7 of 7

Take a box mix of Dunkin Hines Yellow, follow the measurements for the ingredients on the box but substitute the water with milk, add one box of jello vanilla instant pudding, 1/2 cup sour cream,one can of pumpkin (its the size that you use to make two pies with), add a teaspoon of vanilla, a 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon of cinnomin, 1 teaspoon of ginger, 1 teaspoon of cloves, and one teaspoon of fresh grated nutmeg.
I make this for my cakes as well as muffins. They dont stick around too long in my house!

Quote by @%username% on %date%