Looking For A Recipe

Decorating By atschnet Updated 28 Oct 2008 , 9:25pm by weirkd

atschnet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
atschnet Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 7:55pm
post #1 of 7

Okay ladies, I'm a huge Ace of Cakes fan and a while back he was on Rachael Ray and made a pumpkin chocolate chip cake. I have yet to find a recipe, so i was thinking of making my own.

I figured i could use a pumpkin cake recipe and just add chocolate chips to it.

So my question is do yall think i need to change something like add less of something in the pumpkin cake recipe??????? Add more liquid????

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

6 replies
mlynnb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlynnb Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 8:12pm
post #2 of 7

I don't know the answer to your question, but here's a bump, because that sure does sound like something I'd like to make also! icon_biggrin.gif

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 8:15pm
post #3 of 7

What's in the original pumpkin cake recipe. Does it hold up firm? Can't really help you by telling what to add or take away without the recipe.

calicakequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calicakequeen Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 8:23pm
post #4 of 7

I know that in my recipe I don't change anything. I use the same pumpkin recipe for muffins, quick bread, cake and pumkin bars..... YUMMYYY... icon_biggrin.gif

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 8:27pm
post #5 of 7

There's a dump load of p/cc recipes out there!

for starters
http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-0,pumpkin_chocolate_chip_cake,FF.html

I don't know if doctoring your regular recipe is necessary...If I were attempting it with my regular one, I'd probably just toss in some minis and be done with it.

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 8:27pm
post #6 of 7

This is from Cooks.com, fairly easy and a sturdy cake.

PUMPKIN - CHOCOLATE CHIP CAKE

3 c. flour
2 c. sugar
4 eggs
2 c. pumpkin
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 c. chocolate chips
2 c. walnuts
1 c. oil

Mix all ingredients together. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 9:25pm
post #7 of 7

Take a box mix of Dunkin Hines Yellow, follow the measurements for the ingredients on the box but substitute the water with milk, add one box of jello vanilla instant pudding, 1/2 cup sour cream,one can of pumpkin (its the size that you use to make two pies with), add a teaspoon of vanilla, a 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon of cinnomin, 1 teaspoon of ginger, 1 teaspoon of cloves, and one teaspoon of fresh grated nutmeg.
I make this for my cakes as well as muffins. They dont stick around too long in my house!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%