White Cake

Baking By sweetsusy Updated 2 Nov 2008 , 10:43pm by -K8memphis

sweetsusy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsusy Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 6:19pm
post #1 of 15

I'm hoping someone can help me I'm looking for a recipe for a white cake not yellow but white. All the ones I seem to be trying say white and turn out yellow. I have a bridal cake to make and she wants a white fluffy cake. Just the other day I went to a wedding and I've never eaten the wedding cake before until now and this one was so white inside and fluffy .. very light. I'm hoping to make one like that soon.

Anyone Please help.

14 replies
all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 6:30pm
post #2 of 15

white cake supreme from recipesource.com is as white as I've seen.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 6:40pm
post #3 of 15

I used to refuse to make white cake because it was never moist enough for me... I'd tell brides, just let me do it my way, it will be off white, but it will taste so amazing you won't care. Then I found the WASC cake here. It's really good, good enough that I now offer pure white cake! It is very good, and SO many people here use it! If you don't want the almond taste (though that's part of what I love) just sub clear vanilla for the almond called for!

http://cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2322-1-White-Almond-Sour-Cream-Cake-WASC.html

SusieHazCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SusieHazCakes Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 6:46pm
post #4 of 15

Yeppers for the White Almond Sour Cream cake. It's yummy and EVERYONE I know LOVES it!

rvercher23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rvercher23 Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 6:47pm
post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

I used to refuse to make white cake because it was never moist enough for me... I'd tell brides, just let me do it my way, it will be off white, but it will taste so amazing you won't care. Then I found the WASC cake here. It's really good, good enough that I now offer pure white cake! It is very good, and SO many people here use it! If you don't want the almond taste (though that's part of what I love) just sub clear vanilla for the almond called for!

http://cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2322-1-White-Almond-Sour-Cream-Cake-WASC.html

I second that. WASC is the most popular white cake I make, I use it every time a bride wants white wedding cake. The flavor is great and everyone loves it. I also used it this weekend for a pineapple cake. Instead of using the almond flavoring,, I used pineapple flavoring, and it was so good, but yet still white. it was great. It is a very versatile cake, and very moist.

iluvjay829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvjay829 Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 6:51pm
post #6 of 15

I also use the WASC recipe, but I make sure to use the one that is the "original" recipe. It has no oil, butter or margarine in it, and yet it is still amazing. I have had rave reviews, and it's very easy. Good luck!

sweetsusy Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 6:19pm
post #7 of 15

Thanks to everyone that reply.. I have tried the WASC cake and I do enjoy it BUT I was looking for more of a white cake again I find it more to the yellow side. This bride really wants white.

All4cake . I went on that website and there were a few did you happen to try any of them?

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 6:22pm
post #8 of 15

There is only ONE White Cake Supreme in that long list of cakes.

Here is a direct link

http://recipesource.com/baked-goods/desserts/cakes/17/rec1708.html

Yes, I've tried this one and this is the main one I use otherwise it's a buttermilk white cake...I love them both!

klynne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klynne Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 6:44pm
post #9 of 15

Want the simpliest, quickest and easiest white cake,,,,Use Pillsbury Classic White cake mix and use the directions using only the whites of the egg. The cake comes out really white and taste wonderful.

LeckieAnne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeckieAnne Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 6:47pm
post #10 of 15

Umm -- I love WASC, but most people I know certainly wouldn't call it light and fluffy. It's actually more really moist and dense. I think your bride might not like it if she's looking for light and fluffy. I don't have an alternative recipe to share - I just make DH classic white (for those who want that type of cake, I haven't found a scratch recipe they like better).

Melvira Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 2:00am
post #11 of 15

Just curious... are you using whole eggs when you do the WASC? When I've made it, it turns out pure white! That's really strange!

Trixyinaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trixyinaz Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 12:46pm
post #12 of 15

That's weird about the WASC. I use whole eggs (I use Kakeladies Original WASC recipe) and mine turns out WHITE. The only thing I can think of is are you using an extract that has color?

sweetsusy Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 8:56pm
post #13 of 15

Okay I tried the WASC again this time I followed a different recipe that calls for egg whites only and it came out white, that's what I was looking for and it turned out great. The first time I tried the WASC recipe it called for whole eggs which I found the cake it me a little yellow. I was pleased this time around.

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Melvira Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 10:16pm
post #14 of 15

I wondered if that was the deal. I am so glad you found what you want! I love the WASC cake and am pleased to finally be able to offer a 'wedding white' cake!!! I'm glad it worked out for you!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 10:43pm
post #15 of 15

An idea is to substitute self rising flour and omit the salt and it comes out less dense.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%