Dang This Website!!!!

Baking By mandifrye Updated 2 Nov 2008 , 2:58am by MahalKita

mandifrye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandifrye Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 6:03pm
post #1 of 18

I am so addicted to this site, it is CRAZY! I popped a pan of cookies in the oven and ran into the other room to check on the site and ask a question. I got pulled into several other posts and responding, yadda yadda yadda.

Next thing I know, I smell my cookies and you guessed it, THEY ARE BURNED! icon_eek.gif Now, I have to go cut some more witch hats! icon_cry.gif

Anyway, I love this website so much that I hate it!

Mandi

17 replies
SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 10:54pm
post #2 of 18

HAHAHAHAHA, thats why I still use a timer so I don't forget!

Peeverly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peeverly Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 10:50am
post #3 of 18

I know what you mean! It's ridiculous. I've been "here" for a couple of years (at least) and it is soooo addicting. That's why they warn you - up top to the left - that this site is highly addictive. Maybe we should start some kind of support group for this?? We could call it CC Cookie forum Addicts or CCCFA. Where should we hold the meetings and do we serve cookies? icon_biggrin.gif

mandifrye Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 11:22am
post #4 of 18

Of course we serve cookies - if we haven't burned them all. We could alternate who brings the cookies each week! icon_lol.gif

Then, after several months of meetings, we could all join Weight Watchers together. After attending all of the meetings that I need, I would be quite hefty! icon_eek.gif

Can't help it, just love this site!!!

thumbs_up.gif Mandi

khufstetler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khufstetler Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 2:25pm
post #5 of 18

Between here and the Food NetworkChannel? I will stay up until 4am "learning".

If I was smart I would put the laptop and TV on the counter by the oven. Of course then noone would ever see me outside of the kitchen.

thumbs_up.gif to Cake Central!

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 2:34pm
post #6 of 18

Mandi! How funny to see your post. For some reason no internet yesterday, now this morning, So much has gone on on CC without me! icon_sad.gif I really missed it! There will have to be some sort of rehab if CC ever goes down !!

trishalynn0708 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trishalynn0708 Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 4:00pm
post #7 of 18

I know how you feel. My one batch of cupcakes got over done. I got on here to sent a "quick" PM! lol...

mandifrye Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 4:56pm
post #8 of 18

I know Shiney - you miss a few hours and you miss a ton!

It drives me INSANE when the site is being worked on - I feel so out of the loop then! icon_eek.gif

I just now feel like I am getting to know some of you guys, and I hate to miss anything!

I took the advice of a timer for cookies today! I have no idea how I am going to get all these cookies done, I have CC withdrawl when I don't check in often!

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 5:05pm
post #9 of 18

I find to be the easiest when I have a lot to do, is just ot turn the puter on! How bad is that?!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 5:09pm
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by khufstetler

Between here and the Food NetworkChannel? I will stay up until 4am "learning".

If I was smart I would put the laptop and TV on the counter by the oven. Of course then noone would ever see me outside of the kitchen.

thumbs_up.gif to Cake Central!

I'm so addicted I bought a laptop to put on the counter and we mounted a TV on the wall in the family room so I can see it from the kitchen..............how sad is that???

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 5:16pm
post #11 of 18

I burnt a whole pan of cupcakes coming to checks something on here yesterday icon_sad.gif

seagoat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seagoat Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 5:34pm
post #12 of 18

I burnt a batch of chocolate chip cookies this morning....Thanks CC!

LOL

Talking about C Chip cookies, anyone know how I can get a thicker cookie? I used the toll house recipe. I don't want alot of spreading. The dough is chilled

mandifrye Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 6:19pm
post #13 of 18

Seagoat - I always add another 1/2 cup of flour to my cookies - I also use Self Rising and omit the baking powder. I also make sure that they are round little balls and not globs. Works for me!

I think there was a post from this yesterday. You might see if that would help!

Mandi

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 5:20am
post #14 of 18

Ditto! Burned a batch the other day as I got on CC and didn't hear the wimpy oven timer. Not even the first time I have done that! I am now going to get one that won't stop until I pull myself away from this addicting site!

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 5:36am
post #15 of 18

SilverCat: I'm with you...When I need to be really productive, I stay away from the puter, because CC will be the first thing coming up, and again, and again...This is a fast moving community!
Tiggy: Okay, you need some sort of therapyicon_wink.gif I've tried watching episodes of TV shows on the laptop whilst baking, but my brain isn't as young as it used to be, I get sidetracked! (Is that a bichon? We just got rid of the last of our four bichon puppies)

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 12:47pm
post #16 of 18

Tiggy, the puppy is adorable! I still have 2 from our last litter, they were born in June. Im to attached to them now..

Pastelitoz4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastelitoz4u Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 6:36pm
post #17 of 18

Being a newbie and all, I was a little unsure about coming into the cookie forum......I new i'd get more hooked on CakeCentral. I could not resist the title of the post and I finally came in.........now I know im in trouble, i've become addicted........YAY!!!!! (I think icon_confused.gif )

By the way I also love making cookies, I've baked cookies more than cakes, I just started on my cake decorating.

Hope you cookie lovers can welcome me too. birthday.gif

MahalKita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MahalKita Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 2:58am
post #18 of 18

Been there done THAT! icon_surprised.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%