Help, Please.....pretty Please.....

Baking By mandifrye Updated 29 Oct 2008 , 2:07pm by khufstetler

mandifrye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandifrye Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 5:51pm
post #1 of 8

I hate to beg, but I need help! icon_cry.gif

I usually do cookie bouquets by baking the stick into the cookie. Well, being scatterbrained today, and a bit overwhelmed, I just baked away and didn't add sticks. icon_mad.gif I know that some of you "glue" the stick onto the back of the cookie, but I hate to wait for them to dry before decorating or bagging. icon_eek.gif

So, how do you glue the stick to the bag? How does it hold? Does it look the same? Are there any tricks of the trade someone would be willing to share?

Please, please help. I am running out of time, and my brain went kaput hours ago! icon_surprised.gif

Thanks in advance -
Mandi icon_redface.gif

7 replies
redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 8:01pm
post #2 of 8

I have hot glued (low-temp) the stick to the bag. As long as the bag is pretty snug, it doesn't look "off". I have also attached the sticks with melted white chocolate--it hardens quickly. The only concern would be that you can't do this if the cookies will be kept in a warm place.

HTH

mandifrye Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 10:11pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks for your response, I will try a few both ways. It is really chilly here right now, and they will be taken to teachers inside of school. So, I think that the chocolate might work. But, I would rather do it with the glue gun. So, I will do a few that way, and if it works, I shall do the rest.

Thanks again,
Mandi

Joanne914 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne914 Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 11:27pm
post #4 of 8

I have also used the hot glue trick! What I do is take take the bag and lay it flat on my table with the CLOSED end up at the top. I take the hot glue and run a line of glue down the stick and then lay the stick down onto the bag lining up the top of the stick and the top of the bag. Then I go onto the next bag, etc. I get all the bags ready before I put the cookies in. When it's time to put the cookies into the bags, I turn the bag over so the stick is on the table, slide the cookie into the bag all the way to the top. Then I take ribbon and tie the bag shut right under the cookie to support it. It stays put because you've tied it right at the bottom. Hope this makes sense. It works great and you don't have to worry about sticks falling out of your cookie! Feel free to PM me if you need more explanation. Good luck!

mandifrye Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 11:54pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks Joanne, your explaination was perfect. I will do it that way! I love CC!

thumbs_up.gif

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 12:01am
post #6 of 8

I never bake sticks in my cookies. Usually, I glue the stick to the back of the cookie with chocolate. And I've done some big, heavy cookies.

Last bunch of bouquets I did were going to be in the heat, so I glued the stick to the bag with a cool temp glue gun. Worked great! Since I didn't want a ribbon on the cookies, I slipped each cookie into the bag so the opening was at the top, then folded the opening back and taped it to the back of the bag before gluing the stick on. (See pic) The stick peels off easily, so it's not impossible to get to the cookie!

I find that lollipop sticks work much better than cookie sticks for either application. The cookie sticks are just too thick.
LL
LL

mandifrye Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 1:51am
post #7 of 8

Great pictures Diane, thanks for sharing. I will keep the taping method in mind for when I don't use ribbon! Your bouquet looks great!

You guys ROCK! icon_biggrin.gif

khufstetler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khufstetler Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 2:07pm
post #8 of 8

Diane... those are beautiful family picture cookies!
thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%