Here We Go Again! Another Interesting Customer!lol!

Decorating By sweetneice Updated 26 Oct 2008 , 12:41am by sweetneice

sweetneice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetneice Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 4:36pm
post #1 of 13

OK, Last week I had the bride from hades! Yesterday I had someone call me to place an order for today. I usually require at least 48hrs advance notice, but I figured I could use a few extra dollars and decided to take the order. It was for a german chocolate round birthday cake. Nothing hard at all. Dark Chcolate border and Happy Birthday on it. I asked did she need delivery, she asked how much is delivery I said $40, and she said nevermind I'll pick it up. I inquired about what time she needed it, and she stated 4pm, but she needed to call her friend who would be with her before she commited to a pick up time. I said ok, and she said I'll call you back in a few, because she was at work. Oh, I asked her a good number to contact her on, and she said just call her at work. Well, I never heard anything back! I only had the work number for her, and no answer. I baked the cake, but wondered if I should decorate it or do anything else, because I've heard nothing. My thinking is to go ahead and decorate it, just in case she calls I'll be prepared. But should I waste my time? I just don't want to be caught with undone work, especially since she never confirmed her pick up time. What would you do? icon_confused.gif

12 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 4:50pm
post #2 of 13

Eat the cake.

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 4:57pm
post #3 of 13

so is it past the pick up time that you suggested? she may just be thinking she will come get it at the time suggested...but that doesn't make sense if she doesn't know where you are...some people are just so flaky. I would probably decorate it since you committed to it...but if she doesn't come i would just eat it...what else can you do?

hope it works out! icon_smile.gif

LaDulceria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaDulceria Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 5:00pm
post #4 of 13

Something like that happened to me as well...
i would go ahead and do the cake...if there is any written to do besides the happy birthday (like the name or date) i would leave for the minute before they are going to pick it up, so in case they never show up...you could re-use the cake as a simple birthday cake or even just offer it as a tester... otherwise, some of your friends or family might get lucky and get a piece... icon_rolleyes.gif i wouldn´t mind!

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 5:02pm
post #5 of 13

Always get a deposit! I only made that mistake once. SO many people will say that they will get back to you, and then never do.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 5:03pm
post #6 of 13

That's why I love Paypal....last minute order? (For me last minute is one week ahead) Just pay in advance online! Or at least half down, which is what I usually ask anyway. Sometimes less if it is a long time until the party date.

That way you never have to guess or wonder!

sweetneice Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 5:03pm
post #7 of 13

It's only 1pm here, so it's not past the time yet. People are soooo flakey! How do you get around the flaky ones. I think from now on, they will have to pay me on the day of ordering if it's less than 48hours.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 5:27pm
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetneice

How do you get around the flaky ones.

You make them pay infull in advance, especially when it's that last minute. That's why I have that PayPal button on my website.

And I like German Chocolate cake and haven't had one in ages. Gimme. icon_biggrin.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 5:35pm
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahs

And I like German Chocolate cake and haven't had one in ages. Gimme. icon_biggrin.gif

Wait wait she's gotta get it iced--drool drool--wanna split it?
If it's free there's no calories--pretty sure. icon_lol.gif

sweetneice Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 5:46pm
post #10 of 13

You guys are a mess! Might as well split it amongst friends! Lol!

sweetneice Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 5:47pm
post #11 of 13

BTW, How do I put paypal on my website?

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 8:21pm
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetneice

BTW, How do I put paypal on my website?

If you are already a member, click around on their site a bit and you'll find the embedded HTML link that you can put in your own code on your site. HTH!

sweetneice Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 12:41am
post #13 of 13

Thanks summernoelle! Btw guys, she never showed or called so my kids and fiance had a grand ol dessert for dinner. Of course my fiance dug into it way before then! It was absolutely divine! I used the german chocolate filling recipe on this site and I LOOOOOVED IT and so did everyone else! Thanks for all your advice, believe me I'm learning! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%