Any Ideas For "vote" Or Election Day Cookies/cupca

Baking By jjandhope Updated 28 Oct 2008 , 12:26am by alidpayne

jjandhope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjandhope Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 4:35pm
post #1 of 12

I just knew Bakerella would come up with somehting cute, but maybe she isnt political. I'd love to have something cute to take to the office that would remeind people to VOTE!! Any ideas?

11 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 4:51pm
post #2 of 12

what about cupcakes or cookies with a little box and a check mark? That reminds me of voting........I'm probably just weird though lol Or what about something like this??

http://blog.wired.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/07/27/your_vote_counts_button_3.jpg

that's politically neutral right??

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 5:55pm
post #3 of 12

Here are my election cookies:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1262143

If you want something non-political-just a vote button or flag?

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 10:43pm
post #4 of 12

I love your donkey and elephant cookies, yankeegal!

Thank you for the ideas. Our middle school will be a polling location (don't get me started on that topic) and we are having a bake sale. Of course I said I would donate cookies. icon_smile.gif

jjandhope Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 12:30am
post #5 of 12

How funny, Michelle! Your baking cookies for a bake sale on election day, huh? No preference to the donkey or the elephant I presume?

thanks yankeegal, these are just what I was looking for!

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 6:23pm
post #6 of 12

i made these for the bakery i work at. they thought it would be fun to track sales
LL

jjandhope Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 7:42pm
post #7 of 12

Tracking sales is very cute! You could post daily results and that would encourage people to buy more cookies! I would definitely buy a boatload of my party's cookies if the other guy seemed to be ahead!! LOL!

So how is it looking so far in MI? Which has sold best...the elephant or the donkey?

alidpayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alidpayne Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 8:01pm
post #8 of 12

These are the best election cookies I have ever seen. They were posted by Joanne914 recently here on CC. I know she used edible images, but I am sure you could do them without the transfer. I hope they inspire you as they did me!

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 11:09pm
post #9 of 12

Kneada-Great election cookies!

And I forgot about Joanne's-those are fab too!

Joanne914 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne914 Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 11:14pm
post #10 of 12

alidpayne....WOW! I was checking out the forum, been away for awhile, and saw my cookies posted by you! icon_biggrin.gif I can't tell you how happy you made me with you kind words! Thanks so much! I've been busy inspiring my fourth graders to catch"Election Fever" in my classroom...now I just might have to make some more cookies and bring them into class! Happy Voting everyone!

robinscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinscakes Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 11:29pm
post #11 of 12

Once I get out from under the gazillion Halloween cookies I'm doing, I plan on doing the donkeys and elephants, too. It will be interesting to see which sell first. There seem to be an equal number of McCain and Obama signs around town. Personally I wish we had some other choices, but that's a discussion for another board on another site.....

alidpayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alidpayne Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 12:26am
post #12 of 12

Joanne, Seriously, you deserve the kind words, those are some totally AWESOME cookies. ALL of your cookies are awesome though. I was really inspired by these though. Keep it up!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%