Help!! How Do I Do This?

Decorating By kathybenitez Updated 24 Oct 2008 , 8:08pm by KHalstead

kathybenitez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathybenitez Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 3:56pm
post #1 of 6

I don't know what sizes to use or even how to do it.

It is the bottom one.

http://www.romance-fire.com/2008/05/18/32-ways-on-choosing-your-perfect-wedding-cake/

I also have to do a groom's cake with chocolate ganche...need a good recipe for a groom's cake....

Please help!
LL

5 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 4:37pm
post #2 of 6

that's a topsy turvy cake there are really good instructions in the article section on how to construct one of these. I use the directions on here and I've never had a problem with them, they're actually easier to do than they seem!

KHalstead Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 4:38pm
post #3 of 6

that's a topsy turvy cake there are really good instructions in the article section on how to construct one of these. I use the directions on here and I've never had a problem with them, they're actually easier to do than they seem!
http://www.cakecentral.com/article1-Instructions-For-Building-A-Whimsical-Tilted-Cake.html

kathybenitez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathybenitez Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 6:58pm
post #4 of 6

Ok, is the top of each tier larger than the bottom tier? What size pans do you think they are.

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 7:17pm
post #5 of 6

That is such a gorgeous cake to be topped with that gaudy, tacky cake topper. icon_rolleyes.gif People are so weird.

This is kind of a difficult cake to do when you havent ever done a turvy cake before. I recommend lots and lots of practice beforehand.

KHalstead Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 8:08pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathybenitez

Ok, is the top of each tier larger than the bottom tier? What size pans do you think they are.

yes the top IS larger than the bottom.......what I do is bake one layer we'll say 10" round, then I'll bake 2-9" round layers, put the 10" round layer on top of the two 9" layers then put a 10" round cake board on top and an 8" cake board underneath all the cakes. Then take a long serrated knife and follow the cake boards carving at an angle. So the top will be 2" larger than the very bottom, so they are slanted. This is easier to do with the cakes slightly frozen too! I used to just bake a 10",9",and 8" and carve them to match up nicely but doing it with the two cake circles is about 100 times easier and faster!!!!! here are some of the topsy turvy cakes I've done
LL
LL
LL
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%