Pregnancy

Lounge By misterc Updated 27 Oct 2008 , 2:20pm by Monkess

misterc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misterc Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 7:36pm
post #1 of 7

I found out in May that I am pregnant and man, was I sick the first 4 months! I finished up cake orders and then decided to take a long break from cakes (professionally). I had already started scaling back because my business was becoming to overwhelming for me. Anyway, since I have more time to myself now I started some of my old hobbies. I make tutus, hair bows, and jewelery for my girls. Parents started asking me to make them things for their girls so I kind of have a new business going now. It is way less stressful and time consuming then creating cakes but I do miss cakes. Anyway, I started a blog the other day for this little business, www.littleprincessplace.blogspot.com. I would love your opinions on how I set it up and if it is missing anything important. I also have an online shop at etsy.com. I'm not sure what I'm doing with either but it will be fun. Thanks for listening!

My daughter's bday party is this weekend so I will be making her a birthday cake. I am excited about it and I will post a pic when it is done!

6 replies
scrapperjade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrapperjade Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 9:40pm
post #2 of 7

First of all CONGRATS on your pregnancy! You must be due in January?

I looooooooove little tutus & princessy things! I finally have an excuse to buy them (I had my first baby in January... a girl!)! Off to check out your site!

Jaedyn

misterc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misterc Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 3:53am
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapperjade

First of all CONGRATS on your pregnancy! You must be due in January?

I looooooooove little tutus & princessy things! I finally have an excuse to buy them (I had my first baby in January... a girl!)! Off to check out your site!

Jaedyn

Thanks so much! We are having a boy so no tutus for him but I can still make them for my girls.

Ah-na Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ah-na Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 1:02pm
post #4 of 7

ohhhh tutus and hairbows sounds like such a fun hobby!!!!!! I have two girls.....might get into that. Is it an expensive hobby?

UltimateCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UltimateCakes Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 4:43pm
post #5 of 7

Congrats on your pregnancy! icon_biggrin.gif

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 5:20pm
post #6 of 7

Congrats on your pregnancy! I tried looking at your blog but the site is down right now. I looked at some tutus on the etsy site, and saw some that look just like one I made for my daughter, tied with ribbon...she doesn't like to wear hers cause it doesn't stay up. Do you make yours with ribbon or elastic?

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 2:20pm
post #7 of 7

congratulations! love your work!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%