Roses In Middle Of Tiers???

Decorating By tohot4yu20 Updated 20 Oct 2008 , 10:56pm by JodieF

tohot4yu20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tohot4yu20 Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 3:14pm
post #1 of 4

Hey guys! I'm doing a wedding cake for my brother and they have requested roses in between each tier.. its a 6" 10" 14" square cake. Im having the hardest time figuring out how many roses to order.. their on a really tight budget so i dont want to over order but i deff dont want to under order! i told them to get the roses somewhat bloomed so that i can use less... if anyone has any idea thank you!!!

3 replies
Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 3:39pm
post #2 of 4

The last time I did one like this it took about 4 dozen large roses and I still had to open them up some. This also depends one how much space you have between each tier. Keeping it short will still look nice and cut down on the amount needed.

Sometimes brides will get flowers from Sam's or Costco at a decent price.

HTH

Michele

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 4:40pm
post #3 of 4

I require the bride/groom to provide any florals ... silk or real ... for the cake.

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 10:56pm
post #4 of 4

It's going to take more than you think. I would also guess at least 4 or 5 dozen. You can get 2 1/2 dozen for $20 at Sams here.
I would put them in warm water to start opening then, and you can gently pull on the petals to "loosen" the roses before you put them on the cake.

Jodie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%