What Cake Pan Could I Use For A "cat" ...

Decorating By bjscakes2008 Updated 26 Oct 2008 , 8:33pm by bjscakes2008

bjscakes2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bjscakes2008 Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 1:34pm
post #1 of 6

I need some ideas for a cute "cat" cake for my granddaughter's 3 rd birthday. She ask for a chocolate cat and I have several cake pans, but not sure which one would look like a cat. I hope to get a few good ideas...Thanks!

5 replies
reenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reenie Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 5:51pm
post #2 of 6

I used the Wilton Wonder Mold pan (the body) and the Wilton Ball pan (carved slightly for the head) for a cat cake I did last year. I just added legs, ears and a tail to finish it. It comes out as a fat cat laying on its stomach. It's the black cat in my photos if you want to see it.

dulcefactoria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dulcefactoria Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 6:53pm
post #3 of 6

Hi,

Here you are a how to do a garfield, it is in spanish but from the pictures you could understand how to do it icon_wink.gif
LL

dulcefactoria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dulcefactoria Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 6:54pm
post #4 of 6

Second and final part, I hope it will help you
LL

pipercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipercakes Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 2:28pm
post #5 of 6

Some ideas...

The wilton hot-air balloon pan can be used upside-down for a large/fat kitty.

The wilton butterfly pan could be used if you iced the kitty's standing profile with feet/tail and head in each of the butterfly 'wings'.

If you are looking to do a 3D cake, you can get creative with the wilton 3D bear pan, icing it to look more like a cat, shaping the ears into points, and adding a fondant tail.

bjscakes2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bjscakes2008 Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 8:33pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you for the great ideas! I have the hot air balloon pan and I think that will work just right for what I need! I hope to send a pic of it when it's finished. Once again, thank you! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%