Still Need Prayers

Lounge By paula1234 Updated 21 Oct 2008 , 2:47am by angelatx

paula1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paula1234 Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 3:18am
post #1 of 4

i really want to thank everyone for their prayers and thoughts when i broke my knee a couple of months ago. well i did it again. this time i did not water ski in my kitchen, i decided to try to water ski in home depot. my family had went out to eat and my 18 year old need to get a birthday gift for one of his friends at his work. he was looking for a roaming gnome. as we left the resturant, it came a down pour, a major downpour. my 16 year old son lets me off at the door, as he says if mom gets wet, she will melt. saw my 18 year old go around the corner to the garden center, and my feet went flying. not only did i re brake my right knee, but chipped my left knee. my dad, who can barely walk himself, told me it is getting where he can't take me anywhere!!!! once again thank goodness for my boys, still had everything they rigged up for me the last time. i am healing ok, especially since i have diabetes. we think the reason i am falling so much lately is that i was diagnosed with ms about 12 years ago. never really had any problens until now. i am really trying not to let that get me down. please remember my dog scooter. we rescued him last novemeber out of the middle of the road. his collar was way too tight. he is part bird dog and part dalmation, or that's what the vet thinks. he came to us at a time in our lives when we needed him. he will be a year old this month. he has survived parvo, when the vet didn't think he would. we tried to find a home for him and we did ours. got all his shots, got him neurted. he is the bomb. he is really an amazing dog. took him to the vet agoin 2 weeks ago because he was throwing up, had x rays done, evidently when he goes outside he becomes a trash hound and swallowed a bone. the vet said he would pass it with no problem, put him on medicine for an inflammed tummy. that was on a monday, then on thursday, he comes in the house. never complains about anything. there is blood on my couch, his righ hind paw is bleeding, not bad until we pick him up and he starts gushing. at that time i knew he had cut an artery. we wrap in a towel and have to drive 1 1/2 hours away to the nearest emergency vet. they don't want to do surgery on him they just want to see if they cant suture the artery together until the next morning and he can see his own vet. finally the bleeding has stopped on it's own, only after saturating my 15 year olds clothers on one side not to mention my passenger van seat. they have it tightly wrapped and we leave that vet's office at 3:00 am. i let him sleep in my bed so i keep an eye on him. no sleep for me. get up at 7 am and rush him to his vets and he had to have surgery to repair the severed artery, but he also had a severed tendon and ligament. we think he did all this damage from a barbed wire fence. he has been the most amazing dog through all this, he did have to have a blood transfusion. he usually goes out for about an hour or two and then comes in the house for a couple of hours. now with this, he has to be leash walked until everything heals. well my dad god love him has alzheimers and forgot that he couldn't go out and let him out. he went over to the neighbor's house and we could not get him to come home. all the neighbor had to do wall call him. we live in a community out in the country, everyone here looks after everyone's dogs. our neighbor told us to use his dogs zip line just hook his harness to it and let him walk or run andhe won't run, since he has been denied his freedom. poor thing probably thinks he is being punished. sorry this is so long, but i have been on the verge of going off the deep end. our other 2 dogs which are also male but they are dauchaunds, one a black and tan mini short hair and the other a wired hair. benn friends since march 08, well in sept. they decided they didn't like each other at all couldn't leave them together at all, had to build special gets in door ways, as we have very wide door opening, had to have both of them neurted, vet said it was a domince issue,. i expected a miracle when i picked them up. it took 3 weeks to get all the testosterone out of their system, now best of friends again!!!!!!! yeah!!!!!!!!!
thanks for listening
[/b]

3 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 11:59am
post #2 of 4

(((((HUGS))))))

I'll keep you in my prayers.

Cakerer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakerer Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 3:40pm
post #3 of 4

Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. You mentioned that you have MS....I just read about the MS diet..where you treat the illness with nutrition. It was in a recent issue of womans world..you may want to check it out.

angelatx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelatx Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 2:47am
post #4 of 4

hi paula1234, i do hope you recover and stay healthy. you really should be so careful (i know you probably are, but have to say thats, its the mommie in me, hehehe). i don't know your age, but my mother is 65 and i constantly worry about her, she is a tiny lil thing. she is accident prone, hehe. i am sorry you have had to go through so much and your poor dog, what a trooper tho. its amazing how animals become part of the family and he sounds very lucky to have you all. well you take care and hope you two have a speedy recovery. God bless!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%