Republician Party Cake Ideas, Need Ideas Please Help

Decorating By Melissa0567 Updated 19 Oct 2008 , 3:50am by Melissa0567

Melissa0567 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melissa0567 Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 2:19am
post #1 of 6

I have been asked to make the cake for the republican party for election night. This will be my first big event cake. I have really recently started decorating this summer so my mind is kind of blank. I really would like to do a great job on this cake. A friend of mine is running for the local sheriffs office and he is in the republician party so they asked me to make the cake. All the republician ticket runners will be attending this party on election night. Does anyone have any ideas or pics or websites that I can get some ideas from. I have a few in mind but would like to search for more. Help.

5 replies
Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 2:22am
post #2 of 6

Since the Republican party uses the elephant, you might want to make a large one in the center of the cake. Or, you could do a silhouette of Abraham Lincoln. Or a combination of the two. You would also want to incorporate red, white, and blue on the cake.

Paul (& Peter)

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 2:29am
post #3 of 6

I was hoping my local party would ask me to duplicate mine I did for the State Fair....... icon_cry.gif no call came... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif maybe you could do it... icon_biggrin.gif http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1262334.html

Melissa0567 Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 3:18am
post #4 of 6

Thanks for the ideas. sweet_guys I was planning on incorp. the elephant as well as red, white and blue swags around each tier, going to do 3 tier I think. I was given free reign on this one as long as politically themed and not covered in fondant I love working with the fondant but no one likes to eat it. I've even made michelle fosters fondant, which is really good but no. I think fondant this like having your cake wrapped in sft piece of davinity wrapped around your cake, I like cake and divinity, but no together. Anyway, I'm rambling. CakesbyLJ, GREAT JOB!!!! on that emblem cake, I put in my favs. Thanks for the ideas.

absijails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
absijails Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 3:29am
post #5 of 6

What if you did the Republican Party logo as a cake? It looks like it wouldn't be too hard...

http://www.klineforcongress.org/Images/Republican_Logo.jpg

Or just do a search on this site for USA and you'll get lots of good ideas!

Melissa0567 Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 3:50am
post #6 of 6

thanks absijails, I'll try the usa search, I didn't try that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%