What Do You Think? Help!

Decorating By sweetcakes1107 Updated 19 Oct 2008 , 1:14pm by sweetcakes1107

sweetcakes1107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes1107 Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 3:55am
post #1 of 5

I'm selling my first cake tomorrow! I'm so nervous! I think it came out okay, but I'm worried about the middle yellow border. As I was decorating it started "melting " down the side a little. The cake is in the fridge now. Should I pick of the middle border and try to redo it with stiffer icing? or keep it in the fridge until delivery time and hope for the best? The cake will have a toy Thome the Tank Engine on top and some candy balloons on curly wire with the child's name.
LL

4 replies
Rocketgirl899 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketgirl899 Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 4:05am
post #2 of 5

if you have yellow icing, i would just bring a bag.. if anything happens you can fix it there. Congrats on your first sale!

nenufares Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nenufares Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 4:07am
post #3 of 5

I agree with rocketgirl, just take with you a "repair kit" and don't worry about those little details that nobody else but you can see. It is lovely!

mouse13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mouse13 Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 7:14am
post #4 of 5

Very cute, and like the rest said just bring some icing just in case.

sweetcakes1107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes1107 Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 1:14pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for your help! I did bring the repair kit and used it midway through the party when the yellow shell border dropped off in a couple of places. A couple of kids couldn't keep their hand off of it and there were a few swipes in the white icing anyway.
Everyone loved the cake and most importantly it tasted yummy. I had filled it with the cookies and cream filling from Whimsical Bakehouse.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%