Preparing Dragees

Decorating By Sweet_Guys Updated 18 Oct 2008 , 12:45am by Sweet_Guys

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 11:11pm
post #1 of 5

I picked up a box of the Do It Yourself dragees at ICES and I cannot for the life of me remember how to use the luster dust.

We found this really neat plastic case at J o - A n n S u p e r s t o r e that has 14 compartments. I believe it could be used as a day and night weekly medicine container.

Anyhow, does anyone have an idea of how much luster dust and how much alcohol or lemon juice to use to color the dragees? With this container, I can color 14 different shades at one time.

Thanks!

Paul (& Peter)

4 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 11:18pm
post #2 of 5

I've just rolled them around dry. Long time ago, but I seem to remember it working.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 11:46pm
post #3 of 5

Nick Lodge showed us those once in class. He put a handful of dragees in a plastic baggie, added a squirt (with an eyedropper) of vodka and sprinkled a little lustre dust in it, then sealed it and shake shake shake -- and Voila! Instant dragees! icon_biggrin.gif

lecrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecrn Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 11:50pm
post #4 of 5

I do the same thing. Just place the dragees in a sandwich baggie, add a little dust, & shake. I've never added any alcohol to the baggie. If you just use the dust, you can pour the excess back into your container.

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 12:45am
post #5 of 5

Thanks, folks!

Paul & Peter

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%