Edible Images For Cookies..problem

Baking By 1Grammy1 Updated 17 Oct 2008 , 9:28pm by TracyLH

1Grammy1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1Grammy1 Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 12:55pm
post #1 of 6

HELP....I recently bought two sets of edible images for cookies..Halloween and Christmas. Both have been stored in original packaging, separate ziploc bags, since they arrived. The Halloween images will NOT separate from the backing sheet. It is like they are printed as one sheet. I bought 48 Halloween images and not one of them will separate. The Christmas images are fine. Help...any suggestions? Oh, I did try putting them in the freezer and that didn't work either.

5 replies
adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 1:10pm
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Grammy1

... Oh, I did try putting them in the freezer and that didn't work either.

How long did you put them in the freezer? Whenever I have that problem, I pop them in and out of the freezer (literally about 5 seconds) and they separate perfectly?

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 2:07pm
post #3 of 6

The only way I ever got edible images off the backing is to rub the backing on the edge of a table furiously, for as long as it takes, maybe a minute or more. I turn the paper each direction and by the time I get to the fourth page, they are practically popping off the backing sheet! Believe me, I had a panic moment when I was working on my last edible image order. I could not get but two off of the backing and I had to make 60 cookies!

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 4:12pm
post #4 of 6

Did you by chance get them from Pfeil& Holing?

I had the same thing happen to me with the Halloween images a dew days ago.

I tried several sheets. There were stored correctly but I did buy them several months ago.

I did Christmas ones last year and had no problem.

1Grammy1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1Grammy1 Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 4:52pm
post #5 of 6

No, I bought them from KC. The Halloween sheets have a entirely feel to them than the Christmas sheets. The Christmas image which came off super easy feels textured where as the others are slick. I rubbed the sheets over a sharp edge and used differnent amounts of time in the freezer...nothing worked. I even tried to cut the image and peel it from the backing and it is like it is all one sheet. Guess I will just cut my losses and come up with another idea for my grandson's daycare Halloween treat. I am still open for suggestions. Thanks for the help.

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 9:28pm
post #6 of 6

I would try calling the company. If they can't tell you how to get the image off, then perhaps they will let you return it for a refund as it does not work. Just a thought. Hopefully they know how to get it off.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%