Business Brochure

Business By momtobtb Updated 23 Oct 2008 , 6:19pm by tcakes65

momtobtb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momtobtb Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 3:07am
post #1 of 9

I am wanting to get some brochures made up for the January bridal show I'm in. Does anyone have any tips on how to make a eye-catching brochure? Would anyone be willing to share theirs so we can see the layout?

Thanks a bunch!

8 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 3:47am
post #2 of 9

More photo's .... less narrative. A word is a word but a picture is worth a 1000 words. Use white space to your advantage. Be sure contact info is on there. I'd suggest putting website and/or phone number at the bottom of every panel ... like a footer.

If you can, I'd recommend working with a marketing person .... not a graphic designer, who knows HOW to get it on the brochure, ....but a MARKETING person, who knows WHAT needs to go on the brochure.

You are shooting for something that, when the bride gets home from the show and dumps her bag of collected info on the dining room table ... you are shooting for something that makes YOUR brochure stand out from everyone else's..... something that makes her pick YOUR brochure out from the pile.

sweeteecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteecakes Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 4:20pm
post #3 of 9

Indydebi, that is such good advice and wisdom!

Atomikjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Atomikjen Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 4:30pm
post #4 of 9

I think if you found the right designer (one who has taken a business/marketing course) you will get a beautiful brochure.

I agree with indydebi, but not all graphic designers just throw stuff in there just for the sake of doing it. I am a graphic designer and appreciate white space, beautiful layouts and minimal words. You can get your point across with so little it's amazing what my fellow GD'ers come up with =D

my husband has been confronted with many a brochure. When he works with the client, he suggests less is more and the K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid), however, sometimes the client wants what the client wants and they usually fill in every drop of white space with over done bios and descriptions.

If you have photography to show your best work, that will attract your brides. Elegance, simplicity and class.

I hope I didn't offend anyone, I apologize in advance if I did.

pinklesley1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklesley1 Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 1:40am
post #5 of 9

i have one.. i made one with microsoft publisher... i can send you a copy of it if you still need it

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 10:58pm
post #6 of 9

Pinklesley1 -- I would love to have your copy! It's [email protected].
Thanks in advance!!

cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 4:36pm
post #7 of 9

I would love to see other's brochures as well!

With the great advice here....I think I have to go take a look at mine to see if they need an update! icon_surprised.gif

cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 4:39pm
post #8 of 9

OK...another question....would you include a basic price list? And what about a flavor list? Right now that occupies a good deal of space on my brochure...just wondering if I should adjust that?

tcakes65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcakes65 Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 6:19pm
post #9 of 9

I made my brochure using VistaPrint to distribute at my last bridal show and was very pleased with the results. It was very affordable, and the brochures look professional. I included information about the business, services we offer (cost of delivery, free complimentary 6" cake, etc.), starting price per serving, and a few of our popular cake flavors. I also included a coupon for a percentage off of wedding cakes for bridal show participants. The brides definitely preferred the brochures over business cards.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%