Cakes You've Tasted That Are Better Than Yours

Decorating By 3GCakes Updated 17 Oct 2008 , 1:42am by kelleym

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 11:22pm
post #1 of 5

I am going to assume we are making the best possible cakes that we know how, right?

Has anyone tasted someone's else's cakes and just had to admit they are better, or way better than their own?

Anyone change their recipes because of that?

I personally really like the super-enhanced recipe for cake here, and could probably really work on my fillings, but can't really recall tasting any cake that just made me want to put away my mixer for shame.

Anyone else?

4 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 11:53pm
post #2 of 5

CC'er Myesha's shop is just a stone's throw from me. When I went to her grand opening, I asked her for a bowl of her cream cheese icing and a spoon!! OMG, this stuff is AWESOME!!!!! Her cakes were super moist and delicious!!

This is why I send my overflows to Myesha (when I'm already booked full for a date). I know the person will be VERY happy with her cakes! Last May, I was overbooked and couldn't do one of my governor's receptions .... so I passed it over to Myesha, and of course they loved her and her cakes. thumbs_up.gif

LoriMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoriMc Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 11:56pm
post #3 of 5

There is a little bakery here in town that has the best petit fours! They are moist and sweet with some sort of almond glaze. YUMM!!! Theirs are not so pretty, but boy do they taste good and I am forever trying to rip off their recipe!

Thankfully their cakes are not so great! lol

Myesha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Myesha Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 12:25am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

CC'er Myesha's shop is just a stone's throw from me. When I went to her grand opening, I asked her for a bowl of her cream cheese icing and a spoon!! OMG, this stuff is AWESOME!!!!! Her cakes were super moist and delicious!!

This is why I send my overflows to Myesha (when I'm already booked full for a date). I know the person will be VERY happy with her cakes! Last May, I was overbooked and couldn't do one of my governor's receptions .... so I passed it over to Myesha, and of course they loved her and her cakes. thumbs_up.gif

Awww. Debi you are making me blush. You know how I feel about you and a comment like that is worth framing!!!! And as always, I THANK YOU so much for everything!!!!!!!!!
Everytime I go to Debi's shop it always smells so good. I thought about faking an upcoming wedding, just so I could have a tasting. icon_wink.gif Mmmmm mmmm good!!!!!!!!!! I stopped by once when she was with a bride and the bride was ALL smiles. I know that one was in the bag!

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 1:42am
post #5 of 5

This will sound like a big "duh, of course", but at the 2007 Austin Cake Show, Bronwen Weber brought a "Mojito Cake" from the Frosted Art Bakery for sampling, and it was one of the best things I've ever put in my mouth. I wish I could afford her minimum and I were closer to Dallas so I could buy one for myself!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%