Raspberry Chocolate Rum Mousse

Decorating By loriemoms Updated 17 Oct 2008 , 11:45am by loriemoms

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 9:19pm
post #1 of 7

Does anyone have a recipe for this? (to be honest, it sounds gross to me! hahaha)
I was thinking of just making my usual raspberry chocolate mousse and adding some rum to it. Would that work?

6 replies
sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 9:29pm
post #2 of 7

I was going to suggest the same thing LOL But try adding the rum to the berries first then mixing up your mousse.

abruntz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abruntz Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 9:30pm
post #3 of 7

I only found this reciepe for chocolate raspberry sauce: Maybe do this then make the mouse seperate and combine it I don't know....hope it helps alittle...

Ingredients

* 1/4 c frozen raspberries .
* 3 tbsps chocolate syrup .
* 1 tsp rum

Directions

* Step #1 Put raspberries in a microwavable bowl.
* Step #2 Add rum.
* Step #3 Cover up raspberries & rum with chocolate syrup.
* Step #4 Microwave 20 - 30 seconds, enough to thaw raspberries.
* Step #5 Mash & mix thoroughly with a spoon.
* Step #6 Pour over ice cream.
* Enjoy the Chocolate Raspberry Rum Sauce recipe

loriemoms Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 9:43pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks guys! That does give me some ideas....!

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 9:47pm
post #5 of 7

Our choclate mousse has rum in it, and we make a delcious raspberry mousse, but they're all cream based so can't be used by home bakers.

If you take some frozen ( prefereably IQF) raspberries, soften them and add a thickener ( for fruit, I like Baker Catalog's Pie Filling enhancer), add 2 T of Rum of your choice, mix with an equal part of ganache. Take the mixture and fold it inot whipped Bettercream, you would have a good, non-dairy, NC legal Mousse.

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 9:48pm
post #6 of 7

Our choclate mousse has rum in it, and we make a delcious raspberry mousse, but they're all cream based so can't be used by home bakers.

If you take some frozen ( prefereably IQF) raspberries, soften them and add a thickener ( for fruit, I like Baker Catalog's Pie Filling enhancer), add 2 T of Rum of your choice, mix with an equal part of ganache. Take the mixture and fold it inot whipped Bettercream, you would have a good, non-dairy, NC legal Mousse.

loriemoms Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 11:45am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by txkat

Thanks Kat! Great minds think alike...I was going to use the raspberry sleeve and do pretty much the same thing, whip it up with some ganache and the whipped buttercream I make to make a non dairy version. Just wasn't sure how much rum to add! Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%