New Video: Bc Hydrangeas, Gerber Daisies, Etc

Decorating By SeriousCakes Updated 16 Oct 2008 , 6:49am by Homemade-Goodies

SeriousCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeriousCakes Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 1:16am
post #1 of 14

Here's my latest, how to make bc hydrangeas and daisies, and how my experiment with air drying flowers turned out icon_biggrin.gif

13 replies
ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 1:32am
post #2 of 14

Another wonderful video - love your panel of experts thumbs_up.gif

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 1:59am
post #3 of 14

Thank you! I love watching your videos!! thumbs_up.gif

angelatx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelatx Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 2:20am
post #4 of 14

love the video, thnx Seriouscakes! so did you get the gerber daisy to work?? i have a lil asst. too, he gets into everything! persistent just like yours, his name is Phoenix. have a great week everyone!! icon_biggrin.gif
Angela

purplebutterfly1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
purplebutterfly1234 Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 3:03am
post #5 of 14

Awesome!

Thanks for sharing! =)

SeriousCakes Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 5:55pm
post #6 of 14

I kept trying to respond to this but it wasn't showing up!

Ok, lol, thank you everyone for the compliments icon_biggrin.gif angelatx -after what happened to that daisy I decided not to try it again, save it for my next experiment icon_lol.gif

Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 6:11pm
post #7 of 14

Funny thing was that I watched your video this morning when cleaning out my IE bookmarks (yours didn't get deleted, btw! thumbs_up.gif )

I loved the idea...I suppose with enough time to dry. they'd work great. I'm mad for the hydrangeas...so pretty! Thanks for the ideas!!

Krstle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Krstle Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 7:20pm
post #8 of 14

Great video! You have an awesome production crew! thumbs_up.gif

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 8:18pm
post #9 of 14

I loved it! It was very funny and informative. I'm going to look for your other videos now!

DsLady614 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DsLady614 Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 11:24pm
post #10 of 14

Another great video!! I got to thinking, I wonder if there is a way to flip those larger flowers without crushing them, then pull the paper off and allow the "back" to set a bit as well. That way you could move it, without having it deform itself. I have a batch of leftover icing in the fridge, maybe I'll try it out and see what I can do.

SeriousCakes Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 3:14am
post #11 of 14

lol-I posted a response to this but it never showed up! Crazy computers icon_lol.gif
vstar_pilot -did you do the experiment? I thought about that too and I'm sure that would be easier, just peeling off the wax paper.
I'm so excited, I have another video in the works, just won't have time to work on it until this weekend icon_sad.gif

DsLady614 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DsLady614 Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 3:27am
post #12 of 14

Serious... I didn't try it yet. I'm hoping maybe this weekend. Still need to figure out what to flip them onto. I want something soft, so maybe they won't flatten. A piece of foam maybe? I'll let you know what I figure out.

SeriousCakes Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 3:39am
post #13 of 14

Sweet! thumbs_up.gif

Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 6:49am
post #14 of 14

vstar_pilot...what about a pile of cornstarch or powdered sugar? I was watching "How It's Made" and I see a lot of candy company use cornstarch as their molds, then shake it all off once everything is dried/jelled. It's be a soft thing for the top of the flowers to lay in while the bottoms dried, I'd think. Just a suggestion...let us know how your experiment works out! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%