What In The World Do You All Do With Hershey's Kisses?

Baking By Pebbles1727 Updated 13 Nov 2008 , 12:11pm by Cookies4kids

Pebbles1727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pebbles1727 Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 4:08am
post #1 of 24

Pretty please enlighten me. I keep reading about all of these new flavors of kisses but still did not come across of what you actually do with them? Put them in the middle of the cupcakes? Don't they harden up after cooling? Or is it not cupcake related and you just enjoy eating them sraight out of the bag?, LOL
Thanks, P

23 replies
nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 4:38am
post #2 of 24

They are GREAT right out of the bag! But I used them in cupcakes and they harden up a little, but they were still kind of soft. Someone suggested to use them as a bottom layer to a cheesecake. I made drop cookies and put the yogurt kisses on it and they were really good. But again, right out of the bag, they're really really good!

sweetness_221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness_221 Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 4:48am
post #3 of 24

I found the best Hershey kisses the other day. They're pumpkin spice. OMG so good! I think they would be awesome on top of a snickerdoodle. I might just have to try it.

lchristi27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchristi27 Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 4:58am
post #4 of 24

I got the pumpkin spice ones and made cookies, put one of the kisses in the center right after the oven and melted them down. They are so good!!!!

Here is the cookie recipe, just replace the chips with the kisses.[url=http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/detail.aspx?ID=133595/url]

lchristi27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchristi27 Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 4:59am
post #5 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness_221

I found the best Hershey kisses the other day. They're pumpkin spice. OMG so good! I think they would be awesome on top of a snickerdoodle. I might just have to try it.

Me too! They are insane!

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 5:27am
post #6 of 24

rose centers... p'nut butter blossom cookies... other cookie centers....

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 6:25pm
post #7 of 24
Jopalis Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 8:49pm
post #8 of 24

Oooh... yep... I fogot about my Christmas mice cookies....

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 11:31pm
post #9 of 24

I've put the hugs kisses in the middle of cupcakes, other wise, as a topper on top of the frosting, or cookies, and straight out of the bag!

Jopalis Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 11:39pm
post #10 of 24

How does the kiss turn out in a cupcake? Is it melty, gooey, yummy? I have done this with homemade truffles in a cupcake. Also do you bake the cupcake in two stages to assure it stays in the middle? I had to do that with the truffle. Bake a little little bit... and then the rest ...

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 12:01am
post #11 of 24

If you reserve a small amount of cake mix or flour to lightly coat the kiss, it will stay in place. Mine were very soft, it was gooey out of the oven, but once they cooled, it was like a soft kiss that had been in the sun a little bit, just not super gooey. The kids loved them!

Jopalis Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 12:04am
post #12 of 24

Yum... will have to try that with some of these new flavors...

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 5:33am
post #13 of 24

I used to use the mint kisses to make those Magical Mint Kiss Cookies...OMG they were sooo good!!! Then this past Christmas I saw that they had replaced the mint kisses with some other kind icon_sad.gif boo

sweetness_221 Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 2:13pm
post #14 of 24

Has anyone tried the candy corn ones? I like candy corn, but I'm not sure if I'd like the Hershey kiss ones. I just can't seem to get myself to spend the money on candy I won't eat. I also saw they had carmel apple ones. I might actually get those. Those sound yummy.

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 7:29pm
post #15 of 24

I tried both the candy corn and the caramel apple kisses. Didn't really care for either one, but it didn't stop me from eating them. The caramel apple ones taste like their regular caramel ones, but with a green apple flavoring added to them. The candy corn ones are cute, they are white chocolate with the colors of candy corn and some flavoring added to them. The boys didn't like those, cause they love candy corn and it was just not the same. I did use them as decorations in my cookie bouquets.

sweetness_221 Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 9:09pm
post #16 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by peg818

I tried both the candy corn and the caramel apple kisses. Didn't really care for either one, but it didn't stop me from eating them. The caramel apple ones taste like their regular caramel ones, but with a green apple flavoring added to them. The candy corn ones are cute, they are white chocolate with the colors of candy corn and some flavoring added to them. The boys didn't like those, cause they love candy corn and it was just not the same. I did use them as decorations in my cookie bouquets.

hmmm....maybe I'll just stick with the Pumpkin Spice ones. I might even have to get me a few of those to put in the freezer.

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 4:29pm
post #17 of 24

I made some pumpkin spice sugar cookies with brown sugar frosting and a pumpkin spice kiss on top. Beautiful and yummy yummy yummy!! icon_lol.gif

Cookies4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookies4kids Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 12:39pm
post #18 of 24

I chopped up the Pumpkin Spice kisses and add about 32 of them to a bundt cake recipe. That was terrific and you could do it with any cake. I used the raspberry ones along with nuts in a chocolate bundt cake and it was really good also.
Has anyone been able to find the coffee ones that are suppose to be out? I have searched everywhere with no luck.

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 2:27pm
post #19 of 24

This recipe came from the Hershey's company a long while back. They're very rich and yummy icon_smile.gif

BonBon cookies

12 ounces (2 Cups) chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter
14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
2 cups flour
1 tsp. vanilla
1 bag Hershey's Kisses

Preheat oven to 350.

Melt together chocolate chips and butter. (Remove from heat.) Stir in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Mix in the flour. Use 1 tsp. of dough to wrap each Kiss.

Bake for 6-8 minutes.

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 6:11pm
post #20 of 24

Lilybird! I too have searched high and low for the coffee kisses!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif Every time I go into the store I look to no avail!! icon_cry.gif Thanks for the ideas with the pumpkin spice kisses! The choco bundt sounds especially yummy!! icon_lol.gif

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 7:50pm
post #21 of 24

I've tried the candy corn kisses. They are adorable and the smell really good. They don't necessarily taste like candy corns, but they're okay. They smell better than they taste unfortunately.

Cookies4kids Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 12:13pm
post #22 of 24

Yesterday I got lucky and found the marshmallow and the dark truffle kisses. The mrshmallow one will go in my s'mores cookies for christmas and the truffle ones will be good dropped in chocolate cupcake batter. They won't be bad just eating them out of the bag either!! icon_biggrin.gif

silverspring_2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
silverspring_2007 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 12:54am
post #23 of 24

I did buy the pumpkin spice and their so good the candy corn flavor to there not to bad but won't buy them again. The New York cheese cake kisses are to die for. Going to try the hot chocolate one's next. Haven't seen the marshmallow flavor yet. One of my favorites were the mint kisses until the put a mint filling in them now. Why is it when they've got something good going they always have to change it.
My all time favorite are the coconut filled stinks there only around at Easter. icon_cry.gif

Cookies4kids Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 12:11pm
post #24 of 24

Thanks for that recipe. I am going to give it a try. Today I found the Mint Truffle kisses and the candy cane kisses. I think they are my favorites so far. I made chocolate mint cupcakes and forgot to drop the mint kiss on the batter, so when the cupcakes were done I set a kiss on the top of each hot cupcake. I pushed them down a bit while melty and then swirled the frostin around the kiss. Sprinkled them with crushed candy cane and they looked pretty good.
I think my favorite way to use these kisses is chopping them and adding to the batter.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%