Decorating Question For Boob Cake

Decorating By silverspring_2007 Updated 25 Nov 2008 , 10:10pm by brincess_b

silverspring_2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
silverspring_2007 Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 9:54pm
post #1 of 4

Hi I new here and have a few questions on decorating the breast cake for a Birthday that's coming up. This will be my first time making a boob cake and working with fondant so the first question is after I put the flesh colored fondant on her how do you know the right size to cut the fondant for her bra cup? I'm really having a hard time figuring it out. Have been looking at alot of the pic's here for idea's and everyone does such a GREAT job. Hope mine turns out half as good. And I was wondering to because I'm new to this should I stick with the fondant from Wilton or is it just as easy to use the MMF? And how many batches would I need just for the flesh tone. Will be using the 12 inch heart and ball pan.
Thank You so much for your help in advance.

3 replies
UltimateCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UltimateCakes Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 6:42pm
post #2 of 4

BUMP!

JanetBme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanetBme Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 11:24pm
post #3 of 4

If you are making the boob part out of the ball cake pan- then for the bra- you can drape the fondant over the pan and cut it to shape- unless your icing is really thick it should be pretty close to the same size. hth

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 25 Nov 2008 , 10:10pm
post #4 of 4

when i did mine, without ball pans, i started by eye, making it a bit bigger. i was able to lie it on the flesh, mark where to cut it, and try again.
xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%