Class In Arizona, Just Need Students!

Decorating By Sugarflowers Updated 12 Oct 2008 , 12:31pm by Sugarflowers

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 8:21pm
post #1 of 6

A class is in the works in Arizona after the cake show in Phoenix. The class will be Sunday, February 9, 2009.

The plan is to show how to make wild roses, Chinese Jasmine, foliage, buds, and pastillage driftwood. If there is time we will work on some other things that are brought up in class. The price is $175 for the one day class. I will bring extra tools that can be used and/or purchased.

Lunch can be catered for about $10 per person. The plan is for a mix of vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes. Having it catered will help to keep the class on track as well as making for the possibility of working on extra flowers, etc. Questions are always welcome. Coffee and water will be available in the class room and a pop machine is near the class. If I can I will provide some snacks and other drinks for the class.

For the class to go, I will need at least 6 students, but no more than 20. A $50 deposit will be required to hold a place the remainder will need to be paid 2 weeks before the class. I will also need to know before November 1 to be able to secure the location. Apparently, February is a very busy time for this area since baseball teams have early spring training there.

I realize this is short notice, but I would really love to have the class. The Arizona cake show is on Saturday only, so having the class on Sunday should work well.

For those attending the class, there is a discounted room rate at the La Quinta Inn. When I have enough interest I will set up a group rate with the hotel so that students will know what to say to get the discounted rate.

If you are interested, please PM me with your information. A detailed list of supplies will be sent to each student as soon as possible.

Thank you so much for your interest. I hope to see you in class.

Michele

5 replies
KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 8:56pm
post #2 of 6

Woohoo! I'm so excited about this Michele! I thank you so very much for taking time to set this up! I am getting the word out to all the members of both cake clubs here in the Phoenix area.

EVERYONE is welcome so please sign up! If you have any doubts on Michele's ability...take a look at her OUTSTANDING sugar art on her website. Stunning works of art!

KimAZ

jules06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules06 Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 5:26am
post #3 of 6

icon_cry.gif I wish I could do your class Michelle - I love your flowers !! icon_biggrin.gif

Sugarflowers Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 2:34pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules06

icon_cry.gif I wish I could do your class Michelle - I love your flowers !! icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks! I guess it would be a little too far for though. icon_smile.gif

Michele

jules06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules06 Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 9:12pm
post #5 of 6

icon_lol.gif just a little !

Sugarflowers Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 12:31pm
post #6 of 6

Since there is now a new location in which I don't have to pay rent, the cost of the class is now $125. The deadline is also extended to January 20, 2009. It was such a tight deadline before because the room I was going to get is quickly booked in February.

Payments can still be made so that it's not so hard on budgets. I hope this new price helps too.

Any level of Gumpaste experience is welcome. I will have some extra tools and a few supplies for newbies.

Thanks!

Michele

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%