Fire Ice And A Snow Monkey!?!

Decorating By tirby Updated 8 Oct 2008 , 3:25pm by tirby

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 10:18pm
post #1 of 7

Ok as strange as it is I have had a request for a wedding cake that needs to incorperate the "winter on fire" uummmm like fire and ice!
Pale blue?
OK this is a spring wedding... the bride will be wearing a white dress... She wants me to do a momogram and incorperate a monkey?
And hearts! HELP!!!

I suggested she get a crystal or glass monkey....(The MIL is NOT liking the monkey idea so trying to make them both happy)

anyone have any ideas? she showed me a picture of what I think is more like the northern lights..... Does that help?
Any pictures to suggest?
She would like a drawing in a week

6 replies
tblide Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tblide Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 12:13am
post #2 of 7

They did a wedding cake last night on Amazing Wedding Cakes on the WE network. It had monkeys on it!!!! With a monogram!!!!! That same episode airs again on the WE network tonight at 11pm EST.

tirby Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 12:43pm
post #3 of 7

When will it be on again!? I missed it lastnight......

Any one have any ideas on the fire and ice part of the cake.....

I was thinking marble fondant??
but they would like buttercream IF possible

it will be 3 tier, all on short crystal pillars, round....

justgale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justgale Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 1:54pm
post #4 of 7

On my list of cakes I want to try is a fire and ice one. I like the fire part of this cake http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_567903.html but was thinking of making the background orange. For the ice part I was thinking of the next tier to be light blue with royal iceing icecycles hanging down off the edges dusted with pearl dust. Maybe snowlike drifts around the bottom edge of the tier and for the top I was thinking about using rock candy. (the white sugar crystal kind) for ice with maybe with flames coming out of them. Don't know how it would actully look since I haven't tried it yet but it's an idea.
Sherri

tirby Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 2:10pm
post #5 of 7

That cake is cute but they were looking for something more like the northern lights... Anyone know what i mean. "Arora Borialis" I'm sure I spelled that wrong BUT......
So what about marbled ...or maybe light on top to a bit darker on the bottom tier. Like air brushed>

tblide Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tblide Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 2:32pm
post #6 of 7

http://science-education.pppl.gov/SummerInst/INDEX.HTML

Picture of the aurora borealis so that you can get the colors right for the marbling effect.

The episode comes on again Sunday 10/12 at 11am EST 7pm EST 11pm EST

tirby Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 3:25pm
post #7 of 7

I have set it to record...Thanks
Well one thing I do have untill the end of the year if needed to get them a design. I Dont want to wait that long but.... So I have time to surf the net for idaes

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%